RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

DOING THE HARD THINGS.....WHEN YOU JUST DONT FEEL LIKE IT

What a beautiful day it is here! The sun is shining; the birds are singing their joyful songs up high in the trees and it just seems like Spring is around the corner.........but ( my physical body is still fighting that "flu bug" that hit our home last week. ) Just the lingering effects of a strong
bout of illness..........

I have taken time to rest but life does go on and a few days ago I began to tackle a few more
Spring cleaning projects..............

Projects that do not seem fun. Projects probably do one will notice . But......projects that just
need to be done and make the room gleam a little more.............
Once again I go through my room; dust; sweep; bring in fresh colors for Springtime; let the
sunshine in through the curtains and bring life to a room .................
I look around at things that do not belong; that may catch dust instead of light; that may not
be needed anymore and rid out of these things...........
Last year I seemed to love the color Robin Egg Blue and pulled those colors around me in the Spring Summer. This year it seems to be the Spring Greens; soft sages; and country blues; mustard yellows and barn reds..........
Another couple of projects I tackled were the sink and oven areas.............I know ..........the sink seems simple right?
Sink- I scrubbed and scrubbed it with a good cleanser until clean and sparkling white.
. Then.......took a soapy dishcloth and a butter knife stuck down in the cloth and went all around
the outside crack of the sink **it gets all sorts of things in there
. Then..........back behind the faucet and any sort of area back there wipe and cleaned ...
. All dried and ready................* I know it will be grubby soon enough but a good cleaning like this protects your sink and counters...........


Oven.........I took off all the burners and stove plates............
Soaked.........then scrubbed them down and dried them.........
Wiped..........down the front of the stove thoroughly including knobs; oven door ledges and the floor below............
The overhead.........wipe this down also . This may get greasy so may need a soapy rag to do the job.......
Inside .........a overnight cleaner is used.............
. All dried; polished and ready to use.........I remember my mom saying " that her stove was
all polished and shining" because back in the 40's and 50's many a stove needed a good polish.


Doing some of the "unpleasant jobs" may not always be on my favorites list but once done
brings a job well done.

No comments: