RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

OPEN THE DOORS. THE WINDOWS...LET THE FRESH AIR IN.........

Last Thursday my husband came home from work with a bad cough and feeling pretty exhausted......( with his immune system I am getting used to things attacking him so we started on some nice warm chicken soup and he went to rest).....By Friday I was feeling achy but being a wife and mom I kept plugging on thinking I was just overtired..( my husband seemed to get worse) .........By Saturday I was really feeling exhausted and couldnt hardly take steps without feeling the heaviness throughout my body..........By Sunday the fever had hit us both and we
had the worst flu both of us had experienced in a very long time.........

I was used to caring for my husband.........and could barely lift my head from one side to another without pain....My married daughter came and brought us soups and toast and Lysol
and gather what she could to keep our room comfortable........I remember waking up one night
and the "pain chart" that my husband would have in the hospital came to my mind and I thought "Lord this is a 9 for sure!"........I would barely wake up and then sleep again.....(during one of those times I remember whispering to the Lord" I know what you have given is what I am to go through and I thank you for even this!") I couldnt help remembering those of whom I have been
praying for going through their own "trials" in life and how to them this was like a heaviness
that they could hardly bare.............

So what did I do? Oh I just got up and took care of things.......NOOO .....I couldnt. It was out of my control. I had to go through the timing of this "time" and let it run its coarse..........

I stayed in bed for days. Took sips of drinks. Slept and slept.....until it passed..........When I got up the first day I was still achy and needed some rest. I am still sore from coughing and abit weak but on the mend.............

God always shows me a lesson.................Sometimes we have to stop and go through the trials of
life to become stronger and take time with Him! ...............I am careful now to take my vitamins
and get my strength back ....why? Because He has others that have been put in my path to care for.........I need to take care of myself to be a help to myself and others..........

Im not the first one to have this "bug" . There are many in are area and other areas across the country.........Im not the first one to go through ___________........but when we are going through it it may seem like it!

I have now lost both of my parents......I miss them dearly. It was hurtful to lose someone you love but you know what ? Now I can "feel" for others that are going through the same thing and
can maybe do some things I know I needed during that time..........
I say .........Open the doors...........let the fresh air in..............and the warms breezes flow again
through our lives..............

I love that Spring is coming.....I love the sunshine I can see peeking through my windows...
It gives me renewed strength..............

So today I am for being Thankful..........Thankful for the little things such as the red cardinal
I saw in my big tree out my picture window......thankful for a husband who has regained his strength and returned to work.......thankful for a daughter who was willing to take care of her two parents ( and now has two sick little ones with this bug); a son in law willing to go to get "drugstore" items needed" and ..........for Gods goodness.............

2 comments:

Jennifer Hoots said...

Oh Nancy, I am so sorry to hear this! We had it too, so debilitating! Glad to be back among the living. Glad you are OK, too. As soon as I am able, I am opening these windows. Maybe it will be warm enough soon.

Unknown said...

Oh bless your hearts! I'm so glad that you are doing better. I need to open up some windows today and let the fresh air come in.