RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

BROCCOLI SLAW........A SIMPLE AND HEALTHY SIDE DISH FOR WARM DAYS

BROCCOLI SLAW

A great healthy side dish to enjoy! Made this for the weekend and everyone enjoyed!
  • 1 pound broccoli slaw (sold in a bag in the produce department)
  • 1 cup sunflower seeds (opt)
  • 1 cup chopped onions ( I use the little green ones)
  • 2 packages Ramen noodles ( bought chicken or oriental )
  • 1/2 cup sugar( I used Splenda)
  • 1/2 cup vinegar
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • cayenne pepper (a few shakes)(opt)

Preparation:

In a large bowl, combine broccoli slaw, sunflower seeds, and chopped onions and broken pieces of 2 packages of Ramen Noodles. ( you may use less if you prefer; but I used them both)

Make dressing in a separate bowl from the seasoning packet from the 1 package of Ramen noodles mixed with sugar ; vinegar; and oil. and pour dressing over salad. Let sit in fridge for at least one hour. The longer it sits the better it gets ( OVERNIGHT ) is the best! Enjoy!

No comments: