I do love Mondays..........the beginning of a new week...... fresh from Sundays sermon that encourages; teaches and lifts and refreshes us each day of the week to come.
Mondays are my biggest cleaning day at my home. I usually start off with a hot cup of coffee; my time with God and my Bible and dressed ready for Monday cleaning.....
I do not necessarily enjoy the extra mess brought on by big weekends but I do so very much enjoy the finish of a house fresh and ready for another week.
I strip my beds; get them going in the washer; wipe and clean down the baths; make out my grocery list (sometimes make runs to the grocery if time on Mondays) Lay out what I am making for supper; clean and put away all stray items in each room back to where they belong; run the sweeper ; tidy the kitchen and floor and then check on my garden and flowers and water or do some work outside if its nice.
One thing in cleaning I have learned is that sometimes (alot of times) someone else didnt put something back or made a mess that I didnt make . I can either complain and complain about it or get it done myself quietly. If its something I am trying to teach to a child I may take them step by step and with them we will clean it up together.
I know by keeping things clean and simple this creates a peace for my husband and for myself as well.
There were times in my life when I was bedridden for a few weeks at a time. At this time I asked for help and it was well needed and helpful. Again, this helped me as well as my family.
I am thankful for Gods gift of beautiful things to enjoy in a home. I am thankful for the sound of birds in the trees.
I love the flowers outside my front window and on my front porch but I know ..... if someone didnt put some time and work into these areas they would be covered in dead plants; no food for the birds; cups and papers scattered all over the overflowing porch
. It takes work to bring beauty back into place................ Then.........you can step back and once again breathe in the Freshness of His Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment