RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Monday, June 6, 2011

I LOVE MONDAYS...."YOU FAIL ...YOU FAIL ..YOU FAIL..BUT GET UP AGAIN

Saturday my husband and I enjoyed going out to a nearby Farmstand in town to look at a few more herbs and plants for our garden..... It was extremely hot but we enjoyed putting around; purchasing some nice green asparagus ; a vidella onion ; a few herbs and a beautiful flowing petunia plant that came cascading downward to hang on our front porch..........

After that ...we stopped by Wendys and got lunch to go ...inside our house and cool down....
We both watched a cooking show from Italy where we ooohed and ahhhed over this delicious dish of homemade pasta and sauce........

I said" I can make that" You can? he replied........" Oh yes" ( I was excited to show off my talents for making pasta but it had been a long time since I even tried. My mother always made
homemade noodles and let them dry on the counters all day long)....." Lets do it for dinner" he said.........Next thing I know he was in the kitchen with me and we made the flour noodles and worked with them....and he made the sauce! Oh we loved them!! ( fast forward through a small tornado that hit our area right after that . We were ok but many branches down).......
( The very next afternoon after the electricity came on) We both wanted to have that dish again.
** Maybe comfort from the day** .......This time I was going to try and make the sauce and present this wonderful dish to him.........but as I was making it ...it got thick...and looked like the
Parmesan cheese was burnt and in a clump! I took him a sample and realized then....it was wrong........I had Failed!

I thought how I have failed at so many things in my lifetime. Failed at sewing projects; craft projects; gardening; canning; dieting etc.........and many a time it has become a discouragement
where I would think about it and become defeated..........

This time....my husband and I laughed about the burnt sauce and I threw it out and wiped out the pan and started again. I humbled myself and asked my husband to show me how he made it and it was great!

So many times we fail and fail and we think to ourselves; I am not even going to try once more.
But ........with God we can try again.....I thought about this in my life. What can I do when I fail?

. Learn to laugh at yourself. So many times I have thought but I ruined the whole .............
but you can just learn to laugh and go on.....* my mother in law was just in the hospital very ill a few weeks ago. We both laughed remembering how we tried to make strawberry jam and how it came out like syrup! A happy memory for both of us!

. Give your failures to God. God wants to use us for His purpose not ours.....maybe your not the best at cooking; sewing; singing but you can write a note of encouragment to someone. Use the gifts you have.

. Try try again. Educate yourself about an area in which you fail. I have since learned how to do several things I thought I never could by trial and error.

. Humble yourself and ask for help if needed. This is a hard one. We want everyone to think we
are adults and adults know most things.....As a young wife and mother I went to several Godly ladies in my church and asked and took notes on child rearing; marriage; finances and even decorating and sewing.....I remember my sweet friend Robin Ogle teaching me how to sew for my young girls. We took an afternoon of ice tea and material and cut out and made outfits for the girls. Other ladies have taught me through their lives and even blogs.

. Dont look back. Learn from the past but dont live in the past. Go forward.......even if its painful ...go forward one step at a time.....Realize you dont have to be perfect at everything but just keep trying one day at a time.

. Failure helps us to learn; to grow; to help others........You fail and fail but then Get Up Again.

1 comment:

Nancy M. said...

Hope...thank you for your kind comments...I hit the post button but then you were gone. thank you again.
nancy