RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Thursday, June 2, 2011

SOMETIMES DAYS ARE JUST HARD............BUT STILL FULL OF JOY

The last few days I have been working on a small garden. This is not me in the garden ( my camera died a few months ago) but you get the idea...........

The weather has been cold here and very rainy for a long time and then it came. The sun!
And warm weather. .......I thought I could purchase some tomato and other vegetable plants and throw them in the garden we had from last year........but this year it would be smaller.......

Time came and went and life got busy with other more important things...My sweet mother in law ended up very ill in the hospital and we took some time there. She is doing so much better now and I admire her strength. Work got busy for my husband and at home things needed cared for including carpets to be cleaned. In the middle of all of it I had a couple teeth pulled and it physically drained me for a week.........A few days ago my sweet sister ended up in the hospital with a serious heart problem and my heart ached for her. She too is doing better. Life can be hard..........

But .........I wanted the garden! It was a tradition for our family. I loved eating fresh tomatoes and having delicious salsa all summer long.........so off I went to find my plants.....

I was so happy with my little plants.........I thought to myself ; I can do this by myself after all it was going to be smaller...........so the shovel; pulling long boards from the side of the shed ( I wanted a sort of raised garden) to make a square; garden weed paper I found in the garage ( I had never used it); a rake and my plants.........

It was a hot afternoon I decided to work. Digging; pulling weeds; pulling the boards to the garden and fighting off large brown spiders; running back and forth to the house to get the things I forgot; then rolling out the plastic and it flying above my head in the wind..........all of a sudden I was overextended! I began to tear.......one after another........I felt as if I was "Henny Penny" in the story of "The Little Red Hen" I had read to our granddaughter..........Warm tears filled my
dirty face and hands.........and no one heard me or saw me.........NO one except God!

I planted one little plant and quit. I put everything away. I went into the house defeated.
I thought to myself. You are not a gardner or a seamstress or anything. Doesnt that sound
like a defeated soul? ha ha BUT GOD.............

I realized I needed to stop and regroup. I washed my face and hands and went on to make supper. I looked at that garden from my kitchen window and wanted to toss it .......BUT GOD...

I confessed to my daughter and my husband later that evening how I tried and even had read the book I had on this little garden. My husband made some suggestions and my daughter offered to help the next day..........I wasnt too sure BUT GOD...........

That next morning ...I was reading my Bible ( i certainly needed to and needed Him) and read about Job. Job was a good man. He was an upright man. He got discouraged. But God........told him that He was with him and brought him JOY! ** I thought if he could bring him joy through all of his discouragement why dont I have JOY!

I told God among other things I was sorry for my doubt.......and doubt about other things too.

I seemed to have a Joy in my step when I took out my little shovel and plants again. This time
things seemed easier. Then my daughter came and offered her help and my granddaughter.
We all ended up together piling in the van and going to get more soil for the top of the garden and some pretty marigolds to add a touch of pretty to it! Both my daughter and I ended up working together.......to finish off a nice garden. I was full of dirt and pretty warm but it was a hard job well worth the work and done. .....As I was taking some things back to the shed I saw a small bucket filled with little wooden ducks my dad had made ( he went to heaven just a few years ago) ...I ended up setting those little wooden ducks in the "Little Garden".............for the perfect touch LOVE , GOD.................

No comments: