I LOVE MONDAYS.........EVERYDAY SCHEDULE
I love Mondays......................I love how they come after Sundays and the joy of church and howthe sermon gives you strength to live.........the music uplifts your soul; and the sweetness of
time with Jesus gives you joy!!
I love Mondays and the beginning of a "new week" and "everyday schedule"...........I remember
so much how my mom would get up early ( I could hear her in the kitchen....pans clinging; the sound of a peculator bringing the delicious aromas of coffee brewing; singing quietly while eggs
and bacon filled the skillets)..................Then everything would get a clean sweep and down into
hot sudsy dishwater ( plunk ; plunk) and rinse and a quick swipe with a fresh dish towel and
surprisingly a sparkling fresh kitchen would appear....................
I love the leaves God has brought each painted a beautiful bright orange; red; or yellow out my kitchen windows reflecting in the pond..............Windows open bringing forth cool ; crisp breezes.........time alone with God............laundry started in the washing machine; beds made; dishes put away in the dishwasher; menu made for the week; chicken set out on the counter ( I know you have to watch it now a days doing this but why did my mom do it everyday for 30 years? ha) to thaw for dinner; porch swept; house swept; baths wiped down; and the everydaythings of life seem to go along..................

As I was folding some dishtowels from the dryer this morning..........I thought to myself how
this might be boring to some..........but for me........I love it! There is something about the folding of these simple little towels ; all stacked nicely and fitted in a drawer that brings a satisfaction....
And..........then I realized...............it was just doing what your suppose to do that brings peace.
I heard in church yesterday how "doing right" brings peace to your soul..........this brings "peace" to mine................
Simple dishtowels ...........I love them..........they can dry a dish; wipe a spill; help take out
a hot dish from the oven; wipe a tear; become a dust cloth; clean a mirror; or just hang upon
a oven door looking pretty...................
Everyday things.........simple..........yet purposeful..........Peaceful
No comments:
Post a Comment