RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Thursday, April 12, 2012

KEEP ON LEARNING EVERYDAY....


This past year I have really been "hitting the books" as they say............
I have been trying to challenge myself to read more; learn more and educate my life on
various subjects I need to apply .........Our pastor has encouraged us many times to "read" and learn more when we have difficulties in our lives.

My husband had major heart surgery 4 years ago; diabetes; nerve damage to his arm and hand and other problems that have risen......Instead of sitting in a chair wondering What I can do for him.........I have researched as much as possible these subjects. I have read; gone online; and asked questions to those who could help in this situation. My own body has had it challenges and again I have found books on this subject and researched why and what I can do to help this has helped many times.

I have also taken much more time in the Bible and taken time to read a chapter instead of trying to hurry through my "daily reading". I still do my "daily reading" but there are times I may switch over to a Psalms or another chapter and "glean from the Word that day........
I have been taught to "write down verses" and keep these verses near me to strengthen me.
I remember have several 3 x 5 cards that I had written down verses and taken these along with me to the hospital . I would read these verses and it would encourage me..........
I might even "sing verses" I had read and memorized...........

I have found books that are written on Marriage; Emotions; Children; Relationships; Joy; Schedule and such and a Christian Ladies Magazine that encourages as well.

I have also taken time to educate myself on "everyday" ways I can save money; earn money; decorate or paint or refurnish something . I have found ways clean something; fix something; or do about anything with a book.

I have also "listened" and learned from others...........Maybe a talk; maybe someone who is
good on a certain subject; or a speaker.
When our children were young ; I would go to church early (while the children were in choir practice) and sit and talk to an older lady in the church about child rearing and also would speak to another older lady about marriage.......these ladies were encouraging and helpful and taught many good ideas.....(these were never times of put down of any family members but teaching times that would encourage and uplift others)

When I was young I never "read much" but when I became a mom I would always take our children to the library and summer reading fun programs.........Now that I am a grandmother
I still love reading to my "grands" and learning all I can.

No comments: