RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Monday, April 2, 2012

A NEW ADVENTURE

A  NEW ADVENTURE...........

KATIES PLACE

   A few months ago....around December....my husband and i were out having breakfast when my husband heard someone mention that there would be a new antique mall opening next to our breakfast place.....

   He said to me " Honey isnt that something?" "You like those kinds of things"...Yes I replied....."I do" and then thought nothing of it...Next " He said " I think you should open a booth" ....." What ? .....(you see our life had been pretty busy with well...life itself".....).....Normally I would have thought why  it would not be able to work or the cost or something....BUT....nothing like that came...In fact, I had kept quite a few nice things tucked away in the basement that would work perfect.....I also know that God was speaking.....through him to ME>..

  A few months rolled by....life became busy again....I put the thought on the back burner......but then again it came up...through my husband...."He asked again>.....and we both began to get excited about this new adventure for him and I together......(why couldnt I see this as something we both enjoyed doing)

  Everything began to fall into place and in fact when I found out it was going to open soon...I quickly was able (with the help of my daughter) put together our "KATIES PLACE"...........   I told God it was His to do what he wanted me to.  God has allowed me to find "wonderful things" and it has become a HOME in itself...

  Things I love ....are put in there...Things I would use ....are put in there.......Touches of HOME...Touches of history of someones life.........My husband and I went to an auction and when we returned I began to dig through of the boxes of things....Such a history of someones life.......(Her rolling pin; Her pie cutter; Her embroider towel; a small chair used by a child; a timeline of someones hard working life........

  I stopped by an estate sale...The lady holding the sale and I began to chat....It was her mothers things...
I knew she loved them and loved her mother...I told her I knew how she felt and I could see her enjoying these things........

  So KATIES PLACE...... is a NEW ADVENTURE..........  with an old history of .....Home......and Love...

1 comment:

Jennifer Hoots said...

My grandmother has a booth in Arkansas. She really enjoys it. I wish you all the best!