RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Thursday, April 5, 2012

MY LITTLE CAFE...AT HOME



Do you ever feel like your kitchen should have the sign of "Cafe" in front of it? It seems that is the place where most of us spend alot of time each day.........
I can remember my mom early in mornings.........rattling the dishes in the kitchen.........
I can remember the aroma of coffee sifting up the stairs to my room and even though I wasnt old enough to enjoy coffee then the aroma sent a sign of comfort and you knew the morning was beginning............other enticements such as bacon frying in the black skillet mom used; and the sound of small juice glasses on the table being filled with orange or tomato juice...........

The kitchen............a place not only to enjoy our food and treats but as soon as the table was
cleared..........it became a place to do homework; read the paper; make a craft; roll out cookie dough; or even throw a quilt over the top and it become a "fort" for small children to pretend for hours...................

As I was rinsing and then wiping down the counters one more time today ..........wringing out the dishrag and hanging the dishtowel to dry...........I looked back at the now quiet kitchen and
that same comfort came about...............

This was a place of comfort for me..........A place I enjoyed making something with my hands to
have others enjoy........A place where my granddaughter now would run giggling through going room to room or she may stand on a stool and and "pretend" wash her little dishes.............

My husband and I sometimes talk how we would have loved to have a small "cafe" where we would have served sandwiches; soup and muffins..........that was just a little dream we shared...
but as I think of it.......we do that now..........

We try and eat as a family each night. I also enjoy making my husband a simple breakfast each morning.....but even more..........many a time the front door opens and it brings forth someone at suppertime......we just add a little more and have them join us...........Not always a fancy with candle type of meal but a nice tablecloth; a plate of goodness and a nice chat..............

I can remember when our children were teens that my son would bring his friends around
and they would all plow into whatever I had for them.........cookies; muffins; breads; cinnamon rolls; biscuits and gravy..............filled the tables.............

Now as I grow a little older .......my meals become simpler...........but the "Cafe" is always open even if its lemon chicken; baked potatoes; steamed broccoli and some strawberries with whipped cream..................

I am thankful God gives us the desires of our heart........even if we dont think they are exactly how we thought they would be..........I remember going to school to become a teacher........
I never taught officially in a school but for many years taught our children everything I could; taught Sunday School for a time and then just taught young girls some simple tasks.......
He knew my heart............

Tomorrow morning when I start my coffee..........I will think of my "little cafe" and enjoy these moments.................

No comments: