OTHERS...........I WANT TO GIVE TO SO MANY!!!!!The older I get the more and more needs I see in this world! I dont know about you but my heart wants to give and give. I have my immediate family; my husband and grown children and our granddaughter. I have my extended family such as my sweet mom; my sisters and brother.
I have friends who are dear. I have others that are sick or hurting. I even feel for those that have been in disasters such as earthquakes.
I have a prayer list and use it everyday. If someone asks me to pray for them I must write it down and I have a great desire to pray for them but if I do not write it down I have learned to pray for that need immediately.
This desire of my heart is a good thing but can turn into a bad thing if not properly used the right way. I have learned I cannot meet everyone needs that is why God uses so many people.
I have also learned to ASK the Lord of whom He would like me to encourage and give of His time. I have learned to pray that the Lord would put His loving arms around that person or persons and care for them.
He gives us all a purpose and place He wants us to be. There are many times when my children were young I felt I should be caring for this or that area and he would show me He needed me to care for my husband; children and home first. Sometimes that would be all I could do that day. I then would be able to maybe bake some cookies and the girls and I go together to care for someone who is ill.
I have also learned that my cup must be filled with His Word each and every day in order to give to others. I cannot fill my cup with nothing and have anything left to give.
My husband umpires a game sometimes 3 times a week now. He and I love it! I am getting older and the benches get tiring and the games get long but you know what; its what he loves and I love it too! I ask God to help me encourage some lady or child at the game each time.
I used to be young too and sometimes alone. But I don't just sit and not smile or turn a head.
I am friendly and smile and look for someone who seems alone. I am not perfect by any means but you know the Lord seems to bring someone each and every game.
I want to be what I need to be for others. I will fail because I am not perfect. I am a sinner only saved by His grace. This is a daily task for me each day as I yield to Him. But........I don't want to leave this world thinking only of what I am . I will walk in His shoes at the grocery; at the hospital; at the baseball games; and in my home trying to do His way............
1 comment:
I can't wait for you to publish all your advice in a book! -Marcy
Post a Comment