PERSONAL CARE......SUMMER SCHEDULEI have shared before that I like to make a "summer schedule" for myself. I need this to help me put all those thoughts and ideas together in my head. ha I purchase a simple spiral notebook in a color I enjoy and mark it for this.
I have labels in mine such as :
1. Read my daily devotions ( our Pastor gave us a guideline booklet in January to go by each day but you can just start by reading a Psalm each day.
2. I then write down one the verses by hand either a promise or something that means something to me. I then meditate on it for awhile.
3. I have a section on the garden we are working on and what I want in it and if I need to buy jars for canning in August, ect.......
4. I have a section on books I would like to read this season. I am working on a book a day if possible to read little by little. I am reading the book "Love and Respect" for now.
5. I also take a Christian ladies magazine called "Christian Womanhood" that our church puts out and read some in this and even take back issues to have for later.
6. I write down exercise and how I can fit it into my daily life each day.
7. I write down time with my husband and some ideas that we can do together such as a picnic,
overnight stays; putt putt golf and other ideas for fun !
8. I write down time with my other family members and what I would like to do with them.
9. I write down time with mother is lives farther away and when I can go be with her and things I can send to her in the mail or email.
10. I write down days I can give myself to helping my husband in "our business" and things I can help in that area.
There are so many areas in which we could improve. My biggest goal this summer is to walk closer to God and fill "my glass" full with many things that are of God. I also want to care for what God has given me such as my husband and family and my home. I then want to "care for others as I go about my days this summer. I will try and share some of the ideas I share this summer.
2 comments:
What great, encouraging ideas! -Marcy
One of mine includes working with Addie and Autumn on school type work. That is a big undertaking itself! In the summer, it is more fun and easy to get up early to read my Bible. The sun wakes me up and it is wonderfully warm as well!
-Rebekah
Post a Comment