RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Thursday, May 22, 2008

PERSONAL CARE....SUMMER SCHEDULE

PERSONAL CARE...SUMMER SCHEDULE...BIBLE READING





I posted in last weeks blog about how I have taken a notebook and written a "Summer Schedule". This is only a guideline and goals for me to have as the days of Spring and Summer fly by!



One of the Daley's ( I have been doing this for a long time) is my Bible Reading time.

I usually enjoy this right after my breakfast with my husband and my day begins. I do this because I NEED to have time with my Lord. The days and trials of life can come at us everyday.

I also know I am NOT perfect and need to be encouraged and get wisdom; learn what to do in day to day situations; and lean on HIS promises. 2 Peter 1:4 "Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises; that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.



Here are some ideas I have learned from others in having your daily devotions.



1. Pick a time that works for you. * Everyone life schedule is different. Make it work for you.

2. Try and pick a spot. * A chair, corner of sofa, outside on your deck

3. Try and take a pen and notebook with you. Pick a verse each day to write down.

4. Take a few moments or longer to meditate on this verse.

5. Ask God for wisdom that day. You may need to learn something you DON'T need to do! ha

6. Use a basket to hold on your belongings you will use.

7. If you are pressed for time; Read you Bible anywhere you can. Its your lifeline!

8. If you have a question in your life; Go first to the Bible.

9. Write down, underline and use your Bible.

10. This is not a chore but a blessing to you!



There have been times I have read my Bible upon rising; out on a deck at camp by the river;

on my back porch; while washing my morning dishes; while crying from the death of someone I loved; in the hospital Critical Care unit waiting room;.... Its my life........I hope it can be yours....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have many memories of us reading our Bibles out on the deck at Pine Trail Camp. -Marcy