THE HOME........' A TIME FOR COFFEE" I want to thank so many who sent get well wishes. My family all seemed to get this "little bug" that was pretty strong for 2-3 days. We are now on the mend.
Last week I was with my sister as we brought our mom home from "rehab". She is doing so well at my sisters house. They have made it so very nice for her in every way! I told my sister last year I called her place the "holiday house" because so many come and feel welcome and loved there!
One day last week another sister that lives in town called to have coffee early in the morning.
Of course I knew our days were busy with things for mom so I told her we would have a "coffee" out on my sisters back screened in porch! I also wanted to make it special ( all of us girls like that kind of thing) so I searched in Barbara's cabinets and found some beautiful tea dishes.
I then made "Starbucks" coffee . ( thanks to Barbara again ha) and found a nice smelling candle and lit it. Found a beautiful pink; cream; yellow striped cotton table runner and pink round place mats. When she walked in she was carrying something from the nearby bakery and some juice for us to share!
How fun it is to make a simple "time" together special! A time for you and a sister; you and your husband; you and your child. Whatever you choose it can be special with a little effort.
By the way, when we were finishing up my moms caregivers came out to see what was going on out on the back porch and we ended up giving away the rest of the "sweets" and some coffee.
Sharing is fun too! What special times have you done? I would love to hear about them.
Last week I was with my sister as we brought our mom home from "rehab". She is doing so well at my sisters house. They have made it so very nice for her in every way! I told my sister last year I called her place the "holiday house" because so many come and feel welcome and loved there!
One day last week another sister that lives in town called to have coffee early in the morning.
Of course I knew our days were busy with things for mom so I told her we would have a "coffee" out on my sisters back screened in porch! I also wanted to make it special ( all of us girls like that kind of thing) so I searched in Barbara's cabinets and found some beautiful tea dishes.
I then made "Starbucks" coffee . ( thanks to Barbara again ha) and found a nice smelling candle and lit it. Found a beautiful pink; cream; yellow striped cotton table runner and pink round place mats. When she walked in she was carrying something from the nearby bakery and some juice for us to share!
How fun it is to make a simple "time" together special! A time for you and a sister; you and your husband; you and your child. Whatever you choose it can be special with a little effort.
By the way, when we were finishing up my moms caregivers came out to see what was going on out on the back porch and we ended up giving away the rest of the "sweets" and some coffee.
Sharing is fun too! What special times have you done? I would love to hear about them.


1 comment:
Sounds wonderful! Hopefully, I will be inviting others over for "coffee time" soon! :) I will let you know what I do! Have a great day!
-Rebekah
Post a Comment