RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Thursday, July 10, 2008

SUMMER SCHEDULE......STOP/PAUSE/RESUME


SUMMER SCHEDULE
STOP/PAUSE/RESUME
'LOVE IT BACK TO LIFE'


In keeping with my summer schedule God reminded me that He is the one in charge of my summer and its ways...........

I have enjoyed so much of each day that God has given me this summer with family; work and fun. As I was reading my Bible early the other morning a verse caught my eye........
Luke 22:39 " And he came out, and went as he was wont, to the mount of Olives; and his disciples also followed him."

........He went somewhere to talk and pray

Luke 22:43 " And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him."
Luke 22;44 "And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly; and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground."

..............An angel was there to strengthen him and he went to pray with all his heart

Luke 22:46 "And said unto them,Why sleep ye" rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation."

.........Did you forget to pray?

What does this all have to do with my "wilted plant?"............I was gone for almost a week helping my mom move in with my sister. When I returned that day, I saw that almost all my hanging baskets were wilted and dead. The one basket in particular was given to me by my daughter -in-law Jenny on Mothers Day and I guess I loved that one because I love her and missed her so much. Another thing that happened was that my whole family had come down with this flu bug that needed attention right away in help and laundry.

I had to Stop/Pause/..........life. Things had to be tended to at hand. I also ended up with the "bug" for a few days which brought me back to my Bible when all had passed. As I was reading these verses and looking at my now half brown plant I also was reminded of a favorite book of mine called: "First We Have Coffee". In one of the chapters she has a "little plant" a child gives to her and the child tells her to Love it Back to Life! She nurtures that "little plant" and it begins to grow again......

God reminded me to Stop/Pause/Resume and Nurture that little hanging plant of mind. I have been everyday and it is coming back to life!

He reminded me that sometimes He needs me to Stop and and Love those in our lives back to life. Do you know someone who is discouraged? Do you have a child who needs some extra attention? How about a friend or neighbor who needs some life loved back to them. I am so glad
God loved me enough to remind me of this simple little truth.

I pray I can Stop/Pause/Resume and Love it Back to Life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good advice. I hope you are all getting back to your abnormally normal schedule. -Marcy

Rebekah Tastet said...

What simple yet encouraging thoughts!
-Rebekah