RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

THE HOME.........YOUR PRAYER CHAIR



This week has been a week I have prayed for several families in need. I remember a friend of mine telling me she had a "chair" she would read her Bible in and pray
. I thought that was a good idea so many years ago I began that tradition.

I have had many chairs over the years ; sometimes it was a bench; sometimes a corner of the sofa; and even now sometimes I go out to my front porch and sit in my "white rocker". But it was a "place". It was a my place where I could go and read my Bible and meditate and pray.

Many memories; many tears; many joys; many answers; and many prayers for others.

I have learned this year that God knows our needs and that we should focus on others needs and His plan and comfort for their lives.

A dear family from my church ( The Furness's) has suffered a loss of a mother and child yesterday in a tragic accident.
Another family sits in the hospital waiting for "news" in their cancer treatment. A friend shared with me this week that she has in operable cancer. Another is discouraged. But I know I have a God who cares and loves and hears my prayers. Even if I cannot be there with them physically I can pray from my heart that God puts His loving arms around them during these times.

Find a place. A chair; under a shade tree; a bench; beside still waters in which you can go and then bask in His goodness and strength.

3 comments:

Sarah Joy said...

Hi Nancy, thanks for visiting my blog! Keep up your faithful prayer for missionaries! One of the administrators at our Bible college mailed us a postcard saying he had been waiting in line somewhere, and the Lord put us on His heart, so he prayed for us. He keeps postcards in his pocket for this purpose. He didn't know it, but that was one of those months that things were just low. The Lord always provides, but this time, we didn't know how it was going to happen. When we got the mail, that postcard was right next to a check for FAR over and above our needs or expectations-it was our tax payment from several years ago that the IRS said they lost. It was completely unexpected!

I sure thank the Lord for people who pray for us, and that was one of those special things that God does. It was so encouraging.

Rebekah Tastet said...

Right now, my "chair" is my bed (since we share our home where we live - it is my only private spot:). I also love the tree swing in the backyard that looks to Mt. Peavine.

~~Deby said...

What a great post..mine would be my recliner, also where I blog on my laptop, do my stitching, my Bible Studay...also pray in the middle of the night and in the car.....
~~Deby