
This summer it seems there are so many times I have prayed and thought of others who are ill; going through a tough time; or even celebrating a special time in their lives.
But it also seems that as my heart yearns to "do something" for that someone other things in my life prevail and time passes and nothing much is done. Good intentions can get put behind.
I told God of my desire and if He wanted me to do these things I needed Him to show me the way............
It was so simple as I read " Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you."
Here are a few simple ideas I applied:
1. Get organized. Pull together all notecards; stamps; little bags; tissue; cookie mix ect...
2. Put these in a place where you can easily go to and retrive.
3. Use a calendar or a spiral notebook to keep names; prayer request
4. Stock up if possible on things such as small candles; cookies in freezer; cards ready to go
5. Ask God who he wants you to "encourage" in your "corner of the world"
This simple way helps me to "have a plan" to care > "My own "little Hallmark store" ha
* My friend Lisa keeps a shelf in her basement with baskets full of books; pretty things ect...
to give out when needed. Good idea!
Any ideas I would appreciate!
3 comments:
How true! Good intentions usually stay good intentions unless we have a plan to put into action when needed!
I like your ideas!
-Rebekah
I have to tell you this idea...when we were moving out to Nevada, we stopped for two days at a friend's home to visit. At a cookout there, a lady friend of their church gave our girls a $10 McDonald's gift card! It was a thoughtful gesture, didn't take up a lot of room in the car (we didn't have much to spare!) and helped with our expenses on our trip!
-Rebekah
Nancy,
I found you via *Cherish the Home* and wanted to let you know that I have enjoyed browsing your blog.
Thanks for sharing some wonderful ideas regarding being *ready* with all sorts of little goodies when the Lord impresses upon my heart who HE wants me to encourage or help at any given time.
Can I ask you where you found the delightful picture/painting of the little girl that goes with this post?
By His Grace,
Dallas
Post a Comment