RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

DECORATING THE HOME.......GOD'S DECORATING

A BEAUTIFUL WINDING PATH FULL OF COLOR
A QUIET STREAM FILLED WITH GOD'S BEAUTY



Early this morning I noticed a change . The once early morning sunshine I had enjoyed so many times seemed to be tucked away not quite up yet. The gray rolling clouds filled the skies and the rain was pattering upon my orange pumpkin on my front porch.

In the past month I had filled my home with decorations for Fall. Fall colors in pillows; candles; berries; throws; and even baked apple breads; pies; and filled the house with the smells of autumn. But..........this morning was God timing sending His season of Fall into the air.

As I looked out my window I could see the bright orange color almost as if someone stuck it into the green maple tree! The change had begun....... I seem to remember when the rains come and the cool air prevails the trees begin their journey into a beauty for me to enjoy.

In our area, there are many trees which turn colors. Red, orange; purple and yellows! I remember going to a bed and breakfast in our area and driving out in the winding roads with much anticipation to finally see the black and white old clapboard house from the 1800's now turned into a bed and breakfast.

The Inn was filled with mums as you climbed the gray cobblestone up to the dark red front door dotted with a huge Fall wreath. In each little small window there sat a small little candle light. Outside our room was a pathway leading to a
bench and gazebo. No one else bothered to go out in the icy cold winds to walk down that path
but I threw on my warm sweater and walked out with the crunching leaves under my feet toward the little bench. I sat there with my cup of hot chocolate and thanked God for His beauty and for my husband and his love for me.

Sometimes if we just stop for a moment and look.........we can see God's beauty and His decorations around us. A beautiful Fall tree; a deep blue stream flowing over gray rock; the sound of geese flying in formation overhead; the twinkle of light upon a still pond; the look of a child sleeping; the hand of the elderly and the work of a lifetime shown upon them; a cross sitting alongside the road with a small beaten sign and a name; a flag flying high flipping in the wind and your heart beating in pride; a soldier passing you buy in fatigues making you want to say "thank you"; a simple rose still standing as the cold winds begin to blow all say beauty.

As I go about this season and enjoy the days of Fall I don't want to forget to look UP......... and thank God for His beauty. For in our darkest days..........or in the days of joy and jubilation ......
His beauty stands.

What has this season's beauty brought to you?

Psalm 24: The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Wonderful post, Nancy! God has given us the best decorations!
~kelli

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

I love the beauty of fall too!

Debbie said...

Hi Nancy. I linked from Julie's site. I love your post. God is so good to show us such beauty. Have a wonderful day!

Rebekah Tastet said...

I have noticed this fall season...I think it is the sagebrush blooming with pretty yellow blooms! I have never noticed it before living here and it brightens up the rather stark landscape with beautiful color! I also enjoy looking at a beautiful tree in our neighbor's yard that is turning color - beautiful yellow. I can see it from my kitchen window every time I pass. Thank you for the beauty, Lord!