THOUGHTS.....RENEW OUR DAYS...............Lamentations 5:21 "Turn thou us unto thee, Oh Lord, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old."
Last week I went out of town with my husband while he did some business. As we travelled home I noticed something didn't feel just right with me. By the end of the next day I was very ill.
I am not one to just stop with a sniffle but this "bug" got me down . My husband was so kind to run to the grocery and get a few items for my tummy but I could not eat; rest or sleep much at all. I thought all was well by Saturday and once again by afternoon I was back down again and this time nothing was staying down. I was saddened because I knew Sunday was coming and I was so looking forward to going to church. I love to hear the singing; the music and the encouraging message. I did get to watch my church via the Internet and that was good.
I finally started to feel myself again........ But even more there was a lesson in all this sickness.
I turned in my Bible to a chapter I do not refer to alot of times. There it was: Lamentations 5:21
"Turn thou us unto thee, Oh Lord, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old."
The word "renew" flashed in my eyes! I need renewing. I needed something! ...we shall be turned......; renew our days...... Turn around and He shall renew our days.
How exciting! Cinderellas fairy godmother made her a beautiful carriage to carry her to the ball. She had a "lock of time" in which to go and enjoy herself and care for others before her carriage turned back into a pumpkin.
What do I do with the time God gives to me? Do I make others around me feel loved? Do I do the best with what He has given to me or let myself go and have a "mope around the house" attitude. Am I too busy with other things that might not be needed?
God has made us for a purpose....................for His purpose.
Our timing may not be in His timing....... I know when illness, ______, _______, ______,
hits us it may not be a part of our plan. But..............as I yield myself to Him daily I know it is part of His plan.
I might sound silly saying I am thankful for the "flu" this past week. It has left me weak and humbled. But.........it has sent a message of "renewal" to my heart for things I need to change.
As you go about your daily life this week I pray " you might renew your days".............
and enjoy this "time" given.
5 comments:
Sometimes sickness enables me to slow down and meditate more on my relationship with the Lord. When I'm sick in the bed or totally lacking energy, He is the only One who gives relief. :)
Our family went through the flu this past week...ugh! It does show us who we can depend on!
Hope you are feeling much better.
Nancy,
Thanks for stopping by my blog today and I'm so glad that you are feeling much better :o)
Blessings ...
Nancy,
Thanks for stopping by my blog today and I'm so glad that you are feeling much better :o)
Blessings ...
Post a Comment