RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

PLANTING TIME...AND WEEKEND THIS AND THAT...

These past few weeks my husband; son-in-law
and his dad have been tilling the ground for our
garden. I LOVE getting the little plants all ready
to grow.............
They all worked so hard getting our garden going...
I appreciate all the time and hard work and sacrifice
that went into this garden .It should bring a good
harvest this summer with bowls of salsa ect.....
My granddaughter got all sorts of "beautiful Little
purses" from her Grandma Cathy. Oh how she loved
playing with these and making her "pretend meal"
My daughter has been making her "cute" bows for
her hair..........
I got to ride with my husband; son-in-law and daughter
to the Memorial Service from our church.......
Here my granddaughter stirs and stirs her
"pretend meal" in her cute Vera Bradley Apron
from her Grandma Cathy.......
The Memorial Service was so honoring for all
who have served and died for our country. They
emphasized "The Korean War" and handed out
"special gifts" to those who served.....

It was a blessed day and day to "remember"


It was a wonderful weekend full of good things. The "Memorial Service"; our garden in;family in for a wonderful cookout with grilled chicken; hamburgers; hot dogs; and salads....

I LOVE holidays and all that go with it but I love my routine too. I am back to everyday cleaning; laundry; flowers to be watered; ballgames to attend ( in the rain ha); meals to be planned and made; and I have been trying to get in a walk as much as possible.

Summer is around the corner and it is time for me to adjust some of my schedule and to let go of some things and add others......If we dont we may end up burning our candles at both ends and causing ourselves conflict..

I have been a couple of changes in my "summer schedule" such as simplifying some meals; cleaning; work outside of my home; ballgames ( having everything ready to go including meals planned); and even rest for myself and husband.

God has been good to give me His strength and time to enjoy "summer days" . I want to use them accordingly....

4 comments:

Paula said...

I need for Grandma Cathy to adopt me so that I can get some of those Vera Bradley goodies. :) Can't wait to see pictures of your garden as it grows. My first batch of tomatoes should be ready in another week or so.

Kelly said...

Oh I love the vera bradley apron she has on!!! And I love your summer changes etc....I need to do some simplifying myself. And your garden will be so bountiful!!

Hugs~
Kelly

Anonymous said...

I loved the book "First We Have Coffee". It seems like a book you would love too. Becky said you were helping her with your strong-willed granddaughter. She said she was glad to have you encourage her. -Marcy

Rebekah Tastet said...

I am finding the more I accomplish...the more I see around me to do! LOL! One step at a time is a great thought!