RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

BARGINS AT THE GROCERY STORE???

HERE ARE A FEW ITEMS I FOUND THIS WEEK ON
SALE AT MY LOCAL GROCERY STORE........


I told the manager at my grocery store they were a blessing to people in this economy.
I have hardly ever gone to my weeks grocery buying without "my sale" being there.
God provides just what I need.......

There is usually always yogurt marked down. These may have started up to $5 but now are .99 cents. My husband and I both love this Dannon brand because it is healthy and has low carbs for him. I even find other brands of yogurt he enjoys as well for digestion. The grocer told me he makes no money on these but if people do not buy he must send back or sell for less.

I found Uncle Bens quick 90 second brown rice for $1.00. I never buy this because it usually is pricey. But for this price and 90 seconds I love it. I can add my own chicken broth for some nice flavor.

There were these "peanut butter cookie" dough for .99. Again regular $4. I can take these and make "peanut butter' kiss cookies for the holiday time to give out to various needs.
I was so glad the Lord gives so we can give to others.....

Usually organic baby romaines; salad finishers which has small containers of blue cheese; dried cranberries and nuts to add to a nice salad makes a nice healthy meal for under $2.

At Sams Club you can find 90% lean hamburg marked down for around $2 lb. You may find a roast or chicken also marked down. I once found "large Chicken Pot Pies" marked down for $1.99. These were so big and filled with white meat chicken and yummy vegetables. I bought all they had that day which was about 6. I was able to even send one home with a family in need. This is usually in the mornings. In fact, many stores have a day or time when they mark down.

Next time you do your grocery shopping pray for your list. Then if possible look for the section ( in the back) that may have what you need.

I love that I can eat healthy; gourmet foods on a budget........Have you found any bargains in your areas?

4 comments:

Amy Sue said...

going shopping tomorrow! Is there a way I can e-mail you?

Nancy M. said...

Why dont you give me a call. Becky loved the little skirt you sent to her....lv-nancy

Nancy M. said...

Any Sue,
My email is nancimusser@yahoo.com

Rebekah Tastet said...

I found Halloween cookies on sale the day before Halloween for 99 cents! I bought 14 packages!