RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Friday, December 4, 2009

BAKING "MOMS FOLDOVER COOKIES"





MOM'S FOLD OVER COOKIES.... ** I have combined a Christmas cookie recipe from my friend Robin and this one from "Susan Branch's cookbook" and came up with moms fold over cookies I have made for years . I make this dough; pat out to about 1/8 " and cut out rounds with a small glass. *** I have used this dough to make beautiful cut out cookies as well!

** I then drop about 1-2 tsp "SOLO" Almond or Apricot filling in the middle and "fold them over and "fork tend" them. Then I let them bake about 7-8 minutes or until very light brown.........I let them cool and then dust powdered sugar atop each one. They are like little puff clouds of goodness!..... ** I have to make several during the holiday because they are eaten quickly! MOMS FOLD OVER COOKIES

Ingredients

Directions


  1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
  2. With an electric mixer (even the hand-held kind), cream together the butter and the sugar.
  3. *** I sometimes do this by hand as well.
  4. Add egg yolks and vanilla and mix well.
  5. Sift flour and salt together, shaking back and forth in a fine sieve. **I dont always do this.
  6. Beat into the butter mixture until well-mixed.
  7. When ready to bake, use an ungreased cookie sheet and place the cookies 1 inch apart
  8. .Wrap in waxed paper and chill. ** This is what the directions say but many a timeI do not even bother to chill. I make them right away.I pat out to about 1/8 " thick and cut out in desired shape. I use a small glass dipped in flour and cut out circle.
  9. You may also cut out shapes for holiday cookies.
  10. Before baking fill with 1/2 tsp of "Solo" filling. I use about 1/2 good tsp of filling then fold over and use fork tins to make it pretty on the ends and to seal......
  11. Bake at 350 for about 8-10 minutes. Do Not Brown. Let cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.....

No comments: