I LOVE THE EARLY MORNING SUNRISE......ITS A PROMISEOF A BRIGHT NEW DAY TO BEGIN ..................
HAVE PREVAILED OUR LANDSCAPE THIS WHOLE
WEEK..........BUT A NICE WARM CUP OF COFFEE FROM
MY NEW "ONE CUP AT A TIME" COFFEMAKER LOVE
MY DAUGHTER WAS TAKEN.........
THE DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS AND ALL THROUGH THEHOUSE ARE WE THANKFUL???
This was an unusual Christmas for my hubby and I this year. We decided to stay home and not go to our tradtional family get together because our youngest daughter had the night shift at her job and would work Christmas Eve and sleep Christmas day with no one to wake
up to.........He thought best for us to stay here and be with her and I agreed. We both really were going to miss our extended families but life changes and this was a change.
It was a quiet holiday but a blessed one indeed. It didnt go as planned but God always has His plan and gently whispers in your ear sometimes what He wants....Here are a few "whispers from God"..........
. Someone came and tried to break in our home and then car and then neighbors homes early
in the morning but we found out and called the police. Nothing happened thankfully but I am thankful for the police in our area that patrolled the area.......
. I got to visit a nice young fellow in the hospital that was very lonely.
. My daughter fell on her back on the ice but went on to work. Thankfully she was just sore and nothing broken....
. I got to spend time with just my hubby ; eating take out and watching "White Christmas"
. My hubby who has been so tired and ill from bronchitis got to get some much needed rest.
. We got to talk via "video phone" to our son and daughter in law who live far away....
. We also talked with family and my mom via "video phone" around their table....
. I had a project I was working on for my husband and ran out of time to finish it but with the extra time home I was able to finish it and present it to him. It was a book I made called "Success from Home" and had many pictures and quotes and notes from me in it thanking him
for a wonderful life he has given to me and to show him how Successful he has been to so many and his life.........* He liked it!
. Due to the icy weather I was unable to get all I needed last minute from the store but thankfully we had a nice breakfast with bacon; eggs; home-fried potatoes; juice and pancakes.
. My hubby and I went to a beautiful "buffet" at a hotel for our Christmas dinner. My daughter was sleeping from working so he took me there for something special. We didnt know we had to have reservations but thankfully the head man at the restraunt said we could sit in a corner back by the napkins; ect........( I didnt care and we both laughed and stuffed ourselves!)
I had a beautiful "eggnog white chocolate mousse with chocolate shavings for desert!"*** Yumm!
. Later in the evening I made a simple "Christmas buffet" for the three of us. Ham; buns; cheeseball and crackers; veggie tray and dip; and lime tortilla chips and sauces. A pretty Christmas plate held truffles; biscotti; and my fold over cookies........It was simple and nice....
. It was a very quiet peaceful Christmas in which I could take time to Pray for a very special friend who is in the hospital holding on between life and death this whole week.......What a special friend!
We cant always have "things like we plan". .....We can fuss and be unhappy about how things didnt go like we thought or we can "turn it around" be thankful for what we have. We can rest in the thought that you give your best where you are at........
I am thankful for a beautiful blessed Christmas.........I pray you are too!
2 comments:
I'm glad you had a blessed Christmas! Ours was very pleasant, too. :)
I am glad you had a Merry Christmas! We love you!
Post a Comment