RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Saturday, December 19, 2009

A COZY DINNER.....AND SOME OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...

Yesterday I decided to make a nice supper...things seem
to rush around alot and a nice warm meal just seems
to comfort you.....I made Pork Chops ( my moms way
by browning them first then into a 9x13 with a tad bit
of water in the bottom and bake at 350 for about 45 min..
Fresh Roasted Green Beans ( a little olive oil and bake
with the chops.....Mashed Red Potatoes ( cut up; boiled
and warm milk and butter mashed together with my
hand mixer....Homemade Gravy .....Homemade biscuits
(recipe to follow Mrs. C's Amazing Biscuits.
These are a few of my favorite things on my hutch....Usually
these are little gifts given by someone with love.....
My mom gave me this cute little guy...I put up this
picture year after year at Christmas.....

I LOVE old childrens books and love these " Little Women"
books....** I also enjoy the OLD version movie of this
especially at Christmastime.....
A gift and picture of those I love dearly............
This little angel dangling from the knob singing Joy
To The World The LORD Is Come...........

Mrs. C's Amazing Biscuits

2 cups self-rising flour
**If you do not have self rising add 11/2 t baking powder;
1/2 t salt


1 cup buttermilk
** If you do not have buttermilk add 1 T vinegar to 1 cup milk let sit 3 min


Small amount of Oil for baking pan

Preheat 425
. Put flour in bowl.
Add buttermilk and stir until just moistened.
Allow to sit
2-3 minutes.
Pour oil in 9" round cake pan. Put some flour on hands and take one heaping spoon of batter in hands and roll to form a ball. Place in oil and turn to coat other side. Repeat until
all batter is used.Biscuits should be touching.

Bake until golden , approx 20 minutes.


Serve with your favorite jelly or honey!

1 comment:

Susan B said...

The meal sounds yummy! Thank you for the recipe for biscuits. I'm going to have to try them. I love the "Little Women" book and movie. I enjoy all Louisa May Alcott's books. Thank you for sharing some of your favorite things. :o)