up a couple batches of cookies to bring along and then
gathered a few gifts to give out.....
the holiday sales where she finds little things marked off
80-90% or more, this summer my hubby found a "Lot" of
booklights online he bought very inexpensively. When he
gave me one I loved it to "be able to read" in the car on
nighttime trips.....He sent many to my son's church to use
for give a ways...but there were a few left so I just took
some pretty tissue and pretty ribbon ( I got for 25. this
summer and wrapped these fun little gifts!! We had to
have a five dolllar gift as well and so I looked in our box
of mark downs from last year and there was a nice gift
that said $10 but we got it for a few dollars......
My sister Joyce gave me the idea of wrapping little things
in pretty bright colored tissue with a nice ribbon..What
a treasure....
dough I found at my grocery earlier and had frozen.
Ravioli"--cookie.
You fry these little chocolate wonders and I didnt have
too much luck making them look like the picture but
everyone loved them! I may try again watching the
Temp on the oil.............
I will include the recipe. I found it on the Food Network.
CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT RAVIOLI
Ingredients
- 16 wonton wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten to blend
- 1 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread (recommended: Nutella)
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 16 fresh mint leaves
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- Granulated sugar, for dredging
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
Directions
Line a baking sheet with plastic wrap. Place 1 wonton wrapper on the work surface. Brush the edges of the wrapper lightly with egg. Spoon 1 tablespoon of chocolate-hazelnut spread into the center of the wrapper. Fold the wrapper diagonally in half over the filling and press the edges of the wrapper to seal. Place the ravioli on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining wonton wrappers, egg, and chocolate-hazelnut spread.
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F. Add enough oil to a heavy large frying pan to reach a depth of 2 inches. Heat the oil over medium heat to 350 degrees F.
Working in batches, carefully add the ravioli to the hot oil and cook until they are golden brown, about 45 seconds per side. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the ravioli to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Then, transfer the cooked ravioli to another baking sheet and keep them warm in the oven while frying the remaining ravioli. (The fried ravioli can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cool them completely, then cover and refrigerate. Before serving, place them on a baking sheet and rewarm in a preheated 375 degrees F oven just until they are heated through, about 7 minutes.)
Spray the top side of the mint leaves very lightly with nonstick spray. Working with 1 leaf at a time, dredge the coated side of the leaves in sugar to coat lightly.
Arrange 2 fried ravioli on each plate. Dust the ravioli with powdered sugar. Garnish with the sugared mint leaves and serve.
No comments:
Post a Comment