. God was teaching me with these very words the other day and Im a grandma.......
There is a term used by many young people stating "TMI"....This usually refers to "Too Much Information"...........There are times that I feel I have "Too Much Information" given to me in one day.........
With the use of computers; blogs; facebooks; twitters; phone calls; TV; radio; cell phones we are in a constant bombardment of Information.......... But ........thats not all bad. We learn more; we can reach more; we can access more; we can communicate more.........The problem is when "WE"; meaning me; allow too much information to clutter up our (my) mind........
I sat down; opened my Bible and Psalm 141 : "Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips..........
This wasnt about my lips but my mind and too much information....
"Set a watch"........Hmm could that mean to schedule your time even more.
Yes......I am a planner and a scheduled person and have even had to learn to adjust to be more flexible but this time maybe I needed to adjust something else
. The flow of information.......and what I did with it..........
There are times that information on the computer can cause us to learn things about others that we may say " Isnt that unfortunate for that person".........You may even think to yourself now I can pray for that person.........but what we really need to say is "dont think anything bad of them at all.........
There is sometimes too much information on the internet that we have researched that may cause us to overthink an illness or situation. We may even ( in the best motives ) not be doing something else we need to be caring for..........
"Sometimes someone can call or bump into us out somewhere and say something that may "crush our spirit" and fill our mind over and over........"what did she say that for? Why doesnt she like me? I saw her looking at me"........Over and over we allow wrong information in our minds........
I want my mind to be filled with good things. I want to learn. I want to care for what God has given to my life. I want to be there for my hubby; my grown children and my grandchildren.
Everyones life runs in different orders so I try not to compare myself with others. I have seen some that can do many many things and do them very well.
I just want to be what I am suppose to be...........
I know we cannot be Perfect in all ways but I find that slowing down and re-scheduling that what is important can help me to be that way. That way when negative information does come our way ( and it will daily!) we can truly think "that person must be hurting" I will pray for them God even though what they said to me hurts" I am going to let you take care of that and them and pray for them".......That doesn't make you a super person but it means you are growing...
I "bookmark" good things on my computer.
I try and glean from "blogs" that teach and help me grow.
I try and purchase or have on hand "books" I can go to and learn about good things.
I have bought new "notebooks" labeled "Bible lessons"; "Recipes "; Ladies Mission Group"; Decorating and house ideas; " "ACN" our business ( training I am taking); and notes and prayers for others........
.
I slow down and have times of quietness where I look at Gods nature and His beauty.
I am not perfect.......but I want to be "careful" with my eyes and my mind.
This past week I stopped and looked out my front window and saw 4 cardinals...........I was so excited....
Then on Sunday morning as I was walking to the car and leave for church I heard this beautiful bird. I stopped again and looked around.......and UP UP in the top of the big oak tree in the yard there was a beautiful cardinal singing his song to me.......
. God has so many wonderful and beautiful things to bring to us "if we are ready and looking"
1 comment:
I love those redbirds! Always reminds me of Mrs. Evans! :)
Post a Comment