RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Thursday, March 4, 2010

BUSY WEEK???...........DELICIOUS CHICKEN PICCATA OR "LEMON CHICKEN"



This week has been busy week. In its business ( and a car broke down)I did not get to do my "full weekly" grocery shopping...so my daughter picked up a few things for me one evening... I keep a running list of menus and every morning lay out what I may be fixing for that evening... So........I put out chicken and thought I might make my Chicken Parmesan. By the time the afternoon had rolled around I noticed I was out of breadcrumbs ( I could have made my own but I have to admit I was abit tired) but my daughter commented she would prefer my Chicken Piccata or "Lemon Chicken"............

I had two large chicken breast. This may not seem like much to many a family but it worked out great because I just sliced these lengthwise to make several "thin" pieces of chicken. I had one large lemon but was out of chicken broth but went to work..........It smelled delicious and Everyone loved it and it was done in no time.......

I love that if you keep items on hand that you use most of the time you can make anything...

Chicken Piccata

4-6 pieces of thinly sliced chicken

Flour

1 Large Lemon

1 T Butter or Smart Balance

Salt and Pepper to taste

** Fresh Parsley opt 3/4 cup chicken broth

Directions:

Dredge each chicken piece in flour ( shaking off excess)

Brown on each side 4-5 minutes each


Remove from pan
Add 3/4 cup chicken broth and juice of 1 lemon to pan scraping off bits from bottom of pan.
Return chicken to pan and cook on low for about 15-20 minutes
**Add about 1 T butter or
Smart Balance
** Broth should turn into a nice thick sauce
**May add about 1-2 T fresh flat leaf parsley if you wish

--------------Serve with Hot Baked Potatoes and Fresh green Broccoli

2 comments:

Rebekah Tastet said...

Hello Mrs. Musser! Just wanted to say hello! We have enjoyed so much being back at Liberty Baptist with Josh and Jenny! Have a great day!

HOPE said...

Amazing...these two chicken recipes are staples in my house!

Our favorites..

Yum.

HOPE