RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Sunday, September 26, 2010

GOD KNOWS ARE DAYS.........ANOTHER TRIP TO THE ER

Upon returning from a trip to visit our son and daugter in law my husband began not feeling well. In fact the night before we left he ran a low grade fever but felt ok the next morning for our flight.......As we waited at the airport he began to chill and spent much time in the restroom.
I was concerned for him and for our trip.........

We boarded and headed on our way. He began to chill more and sat close to the window.
We landed and as we walked and walked across the huge airport he was very tired. We took a little bus down to our town and he got ill at his stomach....As we went to sleep that night I knew
we were both exhausted from the trip......but as I lay sleeping I was wakened with someone shaking profusuly.......It was him. I thought because he is a diabetic it was a sugar reaction although it had been some time since he had ever been like that....I hate to say it but I was so
very tired I gave him some sugar that seemed to calm him and we both fell back to sleep.

He took off for work (after being gone a week he had alot to do)....Once again something
told me to look up kidney problems. He had had a kidney stone removed a few weeks prior and had put a stent in and it was to be removed when we returned home....As I looked this up I noticed that something was very wrong........I called his Dr and began to make an appointment
for the removal of the stent but mentioned the episode the night before. He said to get to the ER
as soon as possible. He was over an hour away and I called and told him of the Dr's advise.
By this time the shaking had begun again and a good friend drove him to the ER where I meant him....Unfortunately they had a huge wait. All the hosptials in the area did and we waited for over 6 hours while she shivered with fever and got sick. Others were hurting as well and the nurse that helped us was very kind.........

We were blessed to get in the ER room and by the end of the night he was admitted. We then
thought they would give us some medicine and go home....That was Friday morning. It is Sunday night and I just returned from the hospital. He has a severe inner infection that is being tested daily ....and so ill. God is so good and caring for him and for us...........He has our days planned
each step of the way........I hated to see him in so much pain. ...........God has lead the right Dr's
and time. So back I will go in the morning. I hated to even leave but need the sleep to be any help..........I want to be closer to Jesus..........I want to walk by His side............He is there.
He was there with us getting home. He was there in the ER. He was there with my mom when she went home to be with Him in June..........He is my strength............I am so blessed He gave
us a week to R and R and then come to this.........I am blessed my daughters have stepped in
to help and son in law has helped in many ways.............I am thankful for friends who have
encouraged me with their love and prayers........

These days are His days like any of my days..........This isnt my life to do what I want to do
with it; to control everything to go the way I think it should go..........Its holding His hand and
walking the hall with Him........these days............

2 comments:

candy said...

just said a prayer for you all, and your husband,


candy

Kelly Johnson said...

Nancy, I read about your husband through Noel and have been praying for him and you. What a rough road. Isn't it wonderful that the Lord knows our way?!! Love you, Kelly