This is a comfort dish that smells like Fall..................
I bought a bag of apples for one dollar on the discount rack..........and my married daughter said " oh mom doyou think we could have some apple crisp?".........I love making this treat in the Fall ; but
so it was a bit early...........My daughter; granddaughter and I whipped this treat together quickly and all enjoyed a small plate full over lunch.........
the rest)...........Top with topping and bake...........Enjoy.......The Recipe follows:
Simple Apple Crisp
Preheat 350..........serves 4-6
3 Large Apples
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 quick cooking rolled oats
3/4 cup flour
1/2 c softened butter ( I cut up the stick)
Directions
. Spray or butter a 9" round pie pan or pyrex dish
1. Peel and slice apples ........Place in bottom of pan
2. Make topping :
Mix together sugar; oats; flour and add in bits of butter by using a pastry cutter or two
forks until this resembles peas throughout the flour ** thats what gives it the buttery top
3. Bake 350 .........20-30 minutes or until golden brown
***May serve with whipped topping or vanilla ice cream
2 comments:
Thank you for reminding me of my favorite quick yummy!
I LOVE apple crisp..remembering my g'mother making this in my youth. Don't you just love the aroma of baked goods bringing back happy thoughts and moments.
Now to the store to get some apples!!
Thank you!!!
HOPE
Making me hungry! I will have to try this recipe! :)
Post a Comment