This past week my husband ; our daughter and I took a little R and R and trip...........It was so nice to get away from all the work around home.............We took time out to fly and see our married son and daughter in law......My goal was to concentrate just on them and their lives.We did some sightseeing and such and ate out together but I just loved time sitting in their home
and enjoying our time together.............
Sometimes when you have family that lives far away you can get busy doing other things that you do not get to really just be a family and relax and enjoy ech others company.
My heart was truly blessed as each morning I would try and go sit out upon their back porch
in a rocker and enjoy my time with Jesus under the large mountains that surrounded me.......
My eyes filled with tears of thankfulness for what God has been and given to me alone in my life....
Has life always been easy and perfect? Oh no...........but with His ways it has flowed through
His ways and His blessings have come............
Sometimes it is a good thing to take some time out with those you love.........maybe a husband
needs some extra time with you. Maybe a child or a grown child could have a special day just you
and them...............Maybe even a friend could use some encouragement or you may be blessed by them.............
Dr Jack Hyles used to say "Brighten the Corner Where You Are"..........such a simple little
saying and song................Where is your corner today? Where is mine?...............I used to think
to myself...........there are so many out there hurting Lord where do I begin...........and this statement would fill my heart.............MY CORNER.............the little store where I shop. The
family God has given. The hospital where you may have to spend time.............It where you are....
I am thankful for my "R and R" and its refreshment given.............(now I need time to refresh from my time away ha ha ).................God is good all the time................. How can you get some
R and R time when you cannot really get away? Here are a few thoughts...........
. Take time out and spend some quiet time with you and God alone enjoying His beauty around
you. Make a simple list of things you are thankful for.........
. Put on some quiet music or if its a nice day open the windows and let the fresh air flow through
the curtains and enjoy the sounds of nature..........
. Keep things simple and clean around your home so you are not surrounded by too much clutter
(this will bring order and peace)..........have a place in the childrens rooms for everything.
. Dont be overbusy with yourself and take time out to rest if need to. I enjoy being busy but
have noticed I am better if I keep my schedule as much as possible and take time out to rest.
When I was a young mother I thought I had to do everything ........and help everyone. ....I had more energy then also but alas I also had to learn to say no to some things and maybe wait
for a while before I did some things.....I fought some major physical illnesses and now know I
should have taken time out to rest during these days..........but it all worked out for good. God does that I think...........even when we are running to and fro He is there just waiting for us
to come to Him for His advise.
. Make time for others on purpose.........( I like that someone taught me to use your time "on purpose".........I still grieve for my mom who went to heaven this past June but try and make
special times just to think of her and maybe cry or maybe laugh and think of just her).........
Make purposeful times for others in your life..........such as you may be putting away laundry and making your bed and your teenage daughter comes in and you can tell she may need to talk
(purpose those few moments for just you and her)...........(When my mom had to spend some
time in a nursing facility due to rehabilitation I could have thought of a million others things I had to do but purposed in my mind that this was the time for her. We would talk ; watch a show
together; or I would just sit and be near while she rested for a time................
.......................
4 comments:
So glad you got away.
We were just able to spend a few days with our dear friends, Pastor and Mrs. Abberger; Dr. and Mrs. Cunningham in Lakeview, MI. It was so nice to just visit over a lunch out and browse the little shops. It was a very necessary time of R and R, which we have needed for a long time! Good friends, the Fall air, a cup of something warm to drink, shopping, and laughter, MMmmmmmmmm! Thank you for the reminder.
I'm so glad that you were able to spend time with your son and his sweet wife! Love You.
I am glad you could come to our neck of the country and have a restful week with Josh and Jenny! We hope you enjoyed every minute! :)
Post a Comment