and the aroma of Fall baking fills the air throughout my house.......My hubby is a diabetic
so on some things I just use Splenda so he can enjoy treats too............
This is the same recipe I use for any cut out cookies anytime of year; or for fold over filled cookies for the Christmas holidays............I can make these ; freeze them; and then take themout of baggies and frost them later if I need too.............
You can be creative and make a memory for your family to enjoy that doesnt seem to cost too much, These are fun to make also and place on a colorful plate; a basket lined with tissue; or wrapped in plastic wrap and tied with ribbon to give away for others.SUSAN BRANCH'S COOKIE DOUGH
: Susan Branch; Christmas From The Heart of The Home
Serving Size : 96 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Cookies
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 cups butter -- softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 egg yolks
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 1/2 cups unbleached flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
With an electric mixer (even the hand-held
kind), cream together butter and sugar.
Add egg yolks and vanilla and mix
well
. Sift flour and salt together and beat into butter mixture until well
mixed.
When ready to bake use an ungreased cookie sheet and place cookies 1
inch apart.
Bake for about 10 minutes, but do not brown them.
Remove cookies from cookie sheet while still warm and cool on sheets of waxed
paper.
Decorate, if you like. Makes 6 to 8 dozen. Taste fabulous!
I USE THIS RECIPE
FOR MY CUT OUT COOKIES
ALL THE TIME.
YOU MAY FROST THE "MAPLE LEAVES"
THE COLORS OF FALL OR MAKE PLACE CARDS BY
WRITING A NAME.
1 comment:
Sounds yummy!
Post a Comment