I love Mondays! After a long busy week comes Sunday where you stop and reflect on whatyou have done and Gods blessings....Sundays sermons are full of good things to make you enter your heart and soul and search and learn and glean...........
This past week bought many blessings..I try and write these down in my "daily notebook"
on the side so I can "remember" His love...........Trips to the grocery where God even sees your
daily needs. Bargains galore from shredded cheese for .99 a package ; red bell peppers for a whole bag for $1; meat with mark down stickers of $1-$2 and then on sale; and other needs bringing more than any coupons could give.
Time given to work ; rest and spend time with Him.................Walks among the sunshine enjoying the beautiful Fall leaves with your grandbabies....walking in the leaves laughing scrunching them underfoot and throwing leaves in the air on a playground and enjoying the giggles.....
Answers to prayers needed. Not wanting but given. Love shown through Him just to you
that touch your heart and renew your days...........
I love the season and its changes............I love old barns ; especially red ones and old dishes; pottery; old books that you find for sale alongside the road in one.............I love the smell ofburning wood tricking throughout the air ; and the sound of marching bands practicing for
football games to come............Took a walk this weekend with my hubby walking hand in hand
in the park over the covered bridge.....Quiet just him and I over the old plank boards looking down inbetween the boards and hearing the quiet rush of the leaves..........( it was like Disneyland to me!)............We stopped by the grocery to pick up a few items and he shows me "Indian Corn" he purchases for me to hang on my front porch!! What a surprise!
You say "Indian Corn"? Oh yes my dad would buy this for my mom each Fall to place on the house for Fall. We knew moms Indian Corn meant Fall. Mom is in heaven this year and Dad two now 2 years......A memory? Oh much more than that!
Time to scrub; clean and freshen my house for the week...........My sister stopped in for a visitand helped "Fall spruce up" my front room. She has that special touch of grouping things .....Now
its full of "Fall colors" and smells like Fall with the candles given to me with love!!!
I love bringing in the orange; pumpkin; cream; grays; and browns............each room a special touch!
My friend Lisa stopped by with a birthday gift! A beautiful dishtowel ( I am using already);2 nice candles to fill my rooms with Fall aromas; some notecards ( which I love); and a "decorative turkey made with love by her girls!!!! Then a huge bag full of apples from the orchard for me to bake and use.....( I love these apples)........I will try and make some apple butter and fill those little jars sitting in my basement and tie with a ribbon or maybe a few
carmel apple pies might be made and frozen for future use..........
So many things to be thankful for.........I am counting my blessings one by one by one........
1 comment:
:) Many happy things!
Post a Comment