RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

CHRISTMAS ALL THROUGH THE HOUSE....A SOUP TO BE FRUGAL AND BRING COMFORT

Christmas is up and all through the house....these are just a few items shown....I love the twinkle of the white lights and the "quiet hush" of comfort these bring on a snowy day....
Jesus is the light.......and His light shines even more at Christmas.....
Here is my black hutch with some of my favorite things....A doll from my sister Kay who
went to heaven several years ago; some recent items from my mom who went to heaven this past June; photos of family..........I found this little blue and white cup in a box downstairs and
filled it with little wooden red and white beads from the thirft store for $1.
This is the tree during the day.......We have 3 up all around and I love the "joy" they bring to a room.........
I dont know why but sometimes ironing a stack of "whites" all crisp and white makes me
feel like a holiday.......linen napkins; pillowcases; my apron.....sprayed with Lavender spray
(from the dollar store for $1) ummmm.
A Christmas table.........for whenever........My regular table off my kitchen gets the most use;
but I am never surprised when I set the diningroom table and ready for company they always seem to come......Simple plates given ; Chargers bought for $5 after Christmas Sale; red quilted placemats and white tablecloth bought at a Summer Yard Sale; clear votives bought many years ago at thrift for cents; Centerpiece was my cornucopia for Thanksgiving turned on its side now turned up with a white decoration I had all for $1...( I love how God gives us bargains).. antique red dishes my sister bought me many years ago for Christmas....
I saw these little red dishes at an antique store one day when my sister and I were shopping and that Christmas she had bought them for me for a gift...I think of her and love her when I see these...........
They are old and now abit chipped due to my many moves but I love them....
I have used these several times to enjoy a "lunch" or dessert for the holiday...They dont just sit on a shelf not used ( that could be why the wear) but it brings a special time out to whoever uses them....
Dishes given..........I love how stacked up they look so pretty.........
I love to look at the details of someones tree..........special ornaments given or made........
For years when my children were young we made cranberries and popcorn garlands and construction paper rings around the tree.................We always went out and cut down a tree
and it was such great fun and memories but now we use the boxed trees....I have had to
learn to love these and thank God for the memories we had.........Someday as my grandbabies
grow we will return to the Tree Farms again ...........
Some potpourri from Yankee Candle for a couple of dollars (thrift store)....So festive!!!

Simple Potato Soup

Serves 4-6

6 Large potatoes
1 medium onion
1 stalk of celery diced
*** may add 1 diced carrot if wish
Chicken broth 1-2 cubes or 2-3 tsp seasoning
4 or more cups of milk
2-3 Tbls butter or Smart Balance

*** If I am out of something I may just add one or two items....

. Peel and cut into bite size chunks potatoes
. Diced Onion

.........Boil together until soft

. Strain off water
. Back in large pot add: Milk; butter; seasoning
. Warm until just comes to a boil

......Serve with warm rolls or biscuits. * My hubby enjoys a biscuit in the bottom of his bowl with a ladle of soup over it.........

2 comments:

Kelly Johnson said...

I love "walking" through your house with you! Thank you for sharing some special moments with us!

Rebekah Tastet said...

Mmm! I love potato soup!