RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

DID YOU FORGET TO PUT YOUR "HAPPY" IN HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND BAKING CRANBERRY-ORANGE NUT BISCOTTI


I AM SO GLAD OUR "SWEETEST ANGEL" DECIDED TO
KEEP "HAPPY" IN HER HOLIDAYS......
I GOT AROUND TO BAKING SOME "BISCOTTI" YESTERDAY
I CHANGED THE RECIPE I PUT ON MY BLOG AROUND
ABIT...BY ADDING ORANGE ZEST; SOME WALNUTS;
AND CRANBERRIES......
I PUT TOGETHER THE WET INGREDIENTS FIRST
AND ADDED ONE EGG AT A TIME...........
UMMMM....THE SMELL OF BUTTER; ORANGE ZEST;
A LITTLE SQUEEZE OF ORANGE JUICE; AND SOME
DROPS OF ORANGE OIL EXTRACT I HAD LEFT
MADE THE KITCHEN SMELL LIKE CHRISTMAS....
I THEM COMBINED THE DRY INGREDIENTS AND
THE TWO TOGETHER AND SOME DRIED CRANBERRIES
THAT ARE SO SWEET..
I CHOPPED ABOUT A CUP OF WALNUTS.....AND ADDED
THEM TO THE DOUGH.................
IT MADE A NICE LITTLE 13" LOAF ...THEN BAKED
COOLED AND CUT INTO SLICES...................
THESE CAN BE DIPPED IN WHITE CHOCOLATE BARK...
BUT I DIDNT HAVE ANY SO THEY WERE JUST FINE
TO ENJOY WITH MY MORNING COFFEE................
I WILL TRY AND GET SOME "WHITE CHOCOLATE "
TODAY AND DIP THESE DELICIOUS ITALIAN GOODIE
AND PUT THEM IN A BASKET TO BE GIVEN.....


Last evening my hubby and I went out to do some Christmas shopping...
The stores were very busy indeed. I couldnt help but notice some young mothers who seemed frazzled as their little one stood crying and antsy in the isles..... I could see hard working daddys with stooped shoulders going up and down the toy isles trying to maybe purchase a "little gift"they could barely afford..........." I mentioned this to my husband later as we were returning to our car and said a quick prayer for them.....

I couldnt help think of those I had been praying for all week ....a sweet little baby who is waiting for a tissue transplant that could save his life but has been denied financially for the last time; .a man who waits for a heart; a lady who has cancer; ; ; a family broken apart...........

How do they put the "Happy" in their Happy Holidays???

. Realize that Jesus is in everything we do as we celebrate Him for this season..........His grace and mercy surround us not matter where we are...........

. Realize that just the thanksgiving of your breath each morning is a great blessing and that you can walk; have a place to lie your head at night; a warm room in which to sleep life itself is a great thing!

. Look for the miracles in life.....write them down! The man who had "heart surgery" was lost 3-4 times Thursday night but lives today and breathing....What a miracle and blessing!

. Dont look down .........Look up!!

. Read your Bible.. "MATTHEW".. Plug in your lights; bake something that smells nice; put on Christmas music; Do something for others.......Put "Happy" in this holiday no matter what the circumstances bring to you............

. Let go of things you cannot change; guilt; bitterness; hurt; pain; jealousy and be FREE

. If you do not have a personal relationship with "this Christmas Child" born please read my sidebar of His love message to all. HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A "VERY HAPPY HOLIDAY TODAY"..............

No comments: