WHAT GIFT MAY I GIVE????

Yesterday the weather changed ( as it has for so many) and it became bitter cold.........My sweet hubby was out there all day in his little truck that blows medium heat out on the heater. He couldnt hardly keep warm yet worked through icy cold winds; long hours and snow to provide for me..............I thought about this early early this morning when I rose to a "cold but soon to be warm home"........a nice coffee pot that would provide a warm refreshment.... What a wonderful gift He has given to me each day!!!.........In this day and age when so many are out of work or tedering on the edge what great blessings to have the essentials........ With all the beautiful gifts we could purchase now ...WHAT CAN WE GIVE? to show we care...
Here are some ideas I came up with?
Husbands
. Notes of admiration and thankfulness for the little things . Taking your comforter on your bed or his coat he wears out early in the morning and tossing it in the dryer for a few moments and then giving them it to warm them.
. Having his favorite drink or snacks sitting next to his place where he relaxes when he comes home. .
Instead of complaining about "something" Use the fruits of the Spirit in your speech"-
longsuffering; thankfulness; kindness; forgiveness...... . Keep your home up and dinner ready when he comes home. * Some may say but I am tired too or work too....."Remember this is a GIFT you are giving with nothing in return" . Keep yourself up. Your spirit;your health; your clothes; your hair.....**You have to love who God made also and that someone is YOU".....
. Lift his spirit.........."Its not all about YOU" ; God gave you that wonderful man. Oh yes he may have grown (out); become more stooped shouldered; forget to pick up His clothes but......... God knew no one else could LOVE him as much as you could.
Children .
Be joyful . Its the holiday. Take time out of your busy scheduale to hold that little one on your lap or to teach one more time how to "pick up their things" or make their bed ect.......... .
Decorate the house and make it fun. If you dont have alot of money for the holiday be creative and never "tell them that we have NO MONEY this year for things.....They will never know and will remember the JOY in their home...........
. Let them help. If you dont have alot of time buy a roll of sugar cookie dough and cut it out sprinkle some sprinkles or ice them. Then enjoy "a cookie" with milk for fun!! . Teach them to give. Even if its small. Purchase something for the nursing home ministry at church or the toy drive and allow them to see it is better to give then receive. . Have a candy cane; put a wreath on the front of your car; make snow angels in the snow; sing Christmas carols and laugh laugh laugh...........
OTHERS
. Bake some cookies for someone. Look for those that dont get alot of attention.
. Make a phone call to someone and listen.
. Make up a bag; basket; or box of goodies .
. Visit a nursing home. You can go for one hour if that is all you have. ** I remember when my mom was in the rehab of a nursing home and it was mothers day. Now all our family had given her things and loved on her but it was this one man that she said came from a church the day before with a "single" balloon and gave it to each of the residents she talked about. That made me think how "one person" can make a big difference. Help out with a ministry at your church such as the Servicemans ministry that they host for Christmas........baking pies; purchasing
a ham; or providing your time....
. As your out shopping ect........take time to smile at a clerk; encourage a waitress; ****One Christmas I went shopping in Chicago. I took a "Christmas notepad" and every clerk that waited on me I wrote a note of thanks on how nice they had been and to have a Merry Christmas!! I had one lady stop me later in the store and "thank me" for thinking of her . I had made her day! Even though she worked in this very expensive department store her own life was full of hurt and woes! I am glad a "simple thank you" made a difference!
What can you give?
3 comments:
Beautifully put! Thanks for the ideas.
We can all do for others if we just take a few minutes to think! :)
Lovely ideas! I don't always say hello, but I really love your encouraging posts! Blessings to you this Christmas!
Post a Comment