RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Friday, December 10, 2010

EASY CHOCOLATE "TRUFFLES" TO MAKE AND GIVE

I love "chocolate" at Christmastime! These easy little
truffles were very decadent in chocolate and make a
nice little gift to give out......
They are so easy to throw together .....just make sure
you have your "toppings" ready to roll your candies in....
It made about 50 and I put them in little wrappers I found
at the dollar store. I then put them in a basket to take to
my ladies Christmas gathering and passed them out. You
could put them in cute little red boxes or cellophane tied with
a ribbon......The recipe follows....


EASY CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES
  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 3 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
  • 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla *** May divide dough in portions and flavor
  • with almond; vanilla ; or orange NOTE *orange and chocolate are good together

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until well blended. Stir in melted chocolate and vanilla until no streaks remain. *** I did not even refrigerate these. If I did I would maybe get cold for about 20-30 minutes
  1. . They worked out really good to roll into little 1" balls; then roll into nuts; melted white or more chocolate bark; cocoa powder.**** I also used a few drops of "orange oil" to a batch of
  2. dough and rolled in cocoa; I crushed a candy bar I had on hand and rolled some in that as
  3. well. ........Score candybar is good.
  4. I then "set them" by putting them in the fridge.