RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Monday, August 1, 2011

THERE IS A TIME FOR EVERYTHING...........


These past few weeks have been a whir of activity........my husband finished out his season umpiring the "little league"........(we would be out at the ball-field 3-4 nights a week.) I cant complain I love watching him enjoy doing his job and we both enjoy the young boys just beginning to learn the sport and the families cheering them on through each game....

I was then to leave for just a few days to help my sister with something out of town while her husband was out of town as well. I enjoy these moments of time to enjoy family. My husband wanted me to go and have a time of refreshment for a few days....( this wasnt a planned time but a time that just happened) but then my God knew that didnt He? Due to circumstances including my own self getting ill for a few days my husband wasnt able to pick me up when planned so I stayed a few days longer and rode back with my sister and her husband as they had plans up my way.......I was so glad to get back to my love and home.......I was thankful for the time of refreshment........

Time to sit alone on her beautiful screened in backporch facing the woods hearing the birds sing and the beauty of the warm breezes across my face ; I got to enjoy time alone with my Bible and God; I enjoyed cooking special dishes alongside my sister laughing until we cried; I enjoyed memories of my sweet mother ( she went to heaven a year ago June) and watched the hummingbirds zing in and about the feeders and remembering how she loved them and loved others; we enjoyed shopping at thrift stores finding bargains for each other; being with my niece and enjoying talking with her about her future of nursing.........We enjoyed being with my other sister and having a pretty lunch we put together on the back porch and chatting and laughing again........

Back home.....I had received calls that my married daughter was very ill. She was on the verge of being put in the hospital. Now with two little ones running around I knew things were frantic.
My other daughter helped as much as possible but with her job it was wearing her down also.

I knew God has His timing and this was the time for extra strength (which He had given) Back home I was able to get right to work. Purchasing needed groceries; cleaning and organizing things that had gotten off track. Giving little ones baths and putting their warm jammies on and
making a warm meal on the stove to bring comfort in the air..........

There was quite a bit of laundry.......things to be done ........but in the midst of it all.......I knew God wanted me to hold those little babes and have some cuddle time. When there is a jolt in the routine of life for little ones sometimes they just need someone to hold them and let them know everything is All right.........(just like our Heavenly Father does!).........So books came out and the girls piled in my lap.....We rocked; laughed; cuddled; and read. They made me feel better!

My husband and I attended a funeral of a wonderful man from our church on Saturday .......
(Again His timing).........What a legacy he left for so many.........what a story he told of his life....
I am so honored that we stopped and listened to this "jewel" God had for us to hear of his time as it again reminded me that .................

There is a time for everything ..............and a season...........

My seasons have changed over the years......Young wife.........to grow alongside my husband as we began our new life in a new state. New job ; new beginnings..

Young mother......problems with pregnancy; time to lie in bed and wait........new babies...new learning...teaching.......growing....excitement

Middle age mother... enjoying .teen years....help with my husband business........camps; school; college; dates; marriage for two of them

Grandmother..........back to my love again..........encouraging our adult childen and help where we can...rocking and loving my grandgirls......visiting the sick.....encouraging young mothers

There is a time..........( *as I write this my little 1 year old granddaughter just toddled over to me
and I think needed a hug and kiss) ...............so thats what I did. A time...............given by God.

No comments: