RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Friday, August 5, 2011

TIE YOURSELF TO THE WISE............

EVERY GENERATION.....TIE YOURSELF TO AN OLDER WISER PERSON .....

Yesterday I stopped and picked up the little worn photo that sits upon my "hutch"....Pictures
of my great grandmother (Katie) and Great-Grandfather Supthin. ....I never knew these grandparents.
They passed away when my mom was only 12 years old (her dad) and my mom was a little
young girl (her mom).....yet I feel I know them..........

This is her only picture of them...........I hear the stories mom once told how her mama was
a sweet kind lady who loved their dad......I see the generations written in a book of a great grandmother..........yet my mom became a great mother to 6 children many years later.......
and now in heaven these past few weeks......her girls live (one in heaven with her Kay Ellen).........
and granddaughters and now a NEW great granddaughter Katie coming here to bring on a new
generation....................

5.I LOVE that God talks of the faith of grandmothers.....2 Timothy 5: "When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and they mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also. "

7. "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

He has given us a purpose and a duty for our grandchildren..........for the next generation.....
What will I leave for such a precious legacy???

God has been so kind and good to me to allow me to have gleaned from so many wise older ladies and well as some ladies my own age.....

He has put in my path my own mother; my mother in law; older ladies in my church; ladies
that have been sent along my path through the years; sisters; aunts; ladies in the Bible and their teachings and struggles in their lives .......I am thankful for these and for the wisdom they have
taught. I am still learning...........

As I held Baby Katie in my arms I rocked her and held her so closely. I protect her. I pray for her. I let her know God loves her so much and many others as well. I take my other granddaughter in my arms and squeeze her tight......and tell her I love her.....Why? Will she remember? Will she live a good and Godly life? I pray so but no matter what her grandmother will always love her and know matter what her God will always love her..........
Each marriage that comes along.............brings with it a generation to come.............a legacy
to leave behind and one ahead.............A grandmother. A mother. A child..................a purpose given.............. Our Pastor talked of this last Sunday and encouraged to....Tie yourself to a stronger wiser generation who believes and hold on to that tie
that binds................

No comments: