RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Friday, April 18, 2008

DOING FOR OTHERS................DINNER IN A BASKET

Align Center


DOING FOR OTHERS.......DINNER IN A BASKET



This week I have been at the heart hospital caring for my mom with my sister Barbara.As we were needing to be at the ICU unit round the clock because of her condition we ate many a meal at the hospitals food cafeteria or fast food to go. This can get expensive and tiresome fast.

So my sister came in with "dinner in a basket". She had this nice pretty basket with a handle and in it was the food for our dinner; paper plates; plastic utensils; napkins and serving spoons.

One night it was Taco Salad with all the fixins; chips; salsa; and strawberries. Another night was mini sub sandwiches; carrots sticks and dip; and muffins. Another night I went home with her to help fix baked chicken wings; fresh green salad with apple cider dressing; and strawberry shortcake and angel food cake and whipped cream for dessert. I can't believe how we fed so many of our family members and clean up was pretty easy. This not only saved us money but also gave us a sense of a family meal of comfort.



"Dinner in a basket" could be used for baseball games in the summer with your family when you have to be there early for practices and such. It can also be used to take to someone in need. You could use it to carry a meal anywhere for your family or in the summer take a cooler in your car trip and keep the rest of items in your basket and pull it all together for an afternoon meal at a park.

"Dinner in a basket" is a fun little idea in the mist of busy days of life.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I enjoyed Aunt Barbara's Taco Salad in a basket when we were there. Anything she does in the kitchen always looks so cute & fun!

Rebekah Tastet said...

I love it! I have to get me a big, cute basket like that! Your sister sounds awesome!
-Rebekah