RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Friday, April 4, 2008

HOLIDAYS................SPRINGTIME IDEAS

HOLIDAYS.....SPRINGTIME IDEAS





I think I saw the sun shining today! I do know I saw a big Robin hopping its way up to the front door when he stopped and spotted a nice yummy worm for breakfast!



I do love Spring and the promise of "something new and fresh budding forth". I enjoy getting the shred the heavy winter coats and wear a jacket or sweater and the warm billowy breezes flow through the trees.



I will change things in my home as well as outside. I even change the menus we have enjoyed for winter to a cooler Spring Summer menu. When my children were younger I would take a

8 1/2 x 11 '" spiral notebook and write down Spring /Summer goals for the home; each child; myself; fun activities and spiritual goals for this time. I wrote things such as Mondays- tidy house from weekend then afternoon library time. Tuesday- picnic Wednesday- craft day or outside activity then church night; Thursday- visit someone Friday- Home; family night

Saturday- Fun with family Sunday- church

Then other goals such as : plant a garden with the children; paint a room; garage sales; fly a kite; put up tents in the backyard; plant the window boxes; and many others. The lists were endless and it made it fun by the end of summer to cross off the list.



Springtime can mean buying bulbs or plants to put in your garden big or small. It can mean adding cool; crisp fabrics such as robin egg blues; rose colored pinks and butter cream yellows to rooms in the form of pillows; duvets or throws!



The change of season can be fun and exciting! I have always loved living in the Midwest because of the change of seasons because life never gets boring. You can always start new things with the change of seasons. Even Walmart does the change. Do you notice the birdfeeders; lawn mowers ( is there nothing more peaceful than the sound of someone mowing their lawn after a long winter and the smell of freshly mowed grass!!!); grills; bikes; flags; lawn chairs and tables; bright colored picnic supplies; flowers and the list goes on and on.



Here a couple more ideas to bring Spring into your home.



1. Add a pot of flowers to grow.

2. Put out an American flag.

3. Buy some pretty bright colored paper plates for picnics. * Tuesday Morning store

4. Open the windows and allow the breeze to gently billow in........

5. Sing happy songs

6. Put a fresh "light" coverlet on your bed.

7. Hang wind chimes

8. Open the grill and enjoy your first outside meal



Enjoy decorating Spring!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two teenagers bought us a grill last month-just b/c I said I wanted one.=)We can't wait to pull it out. It is supposed to be warm on Sunday so maybe Joseph can grill(he thinks I dangerous near fire-can't imagine why) -Marcy

Nancy M. said...

What a blessing it was for you to get your grill! I hope you have fun with it but be careful!! ha

Becky said...

I remember many happy memories of spring fun!

Becky Jaeger said...

Mrs. Musser, your are still so inspiring. I think that it is an absolutely fantastic idea to make a weekly goal card. I'm still a new mother and wife and I would love to make that a habit of my family.

I love birds as well...we live on the top floor so my balcony is open to the sky and all the wonderful birds...my birds have already come back for the season. We also have a large pond and we feed the ducks and geese almost everyday. I agree it is neat to live in a seasonally state...I think I appreciate the seasons more.

Josh & Jenny said...

You know that I love to change my front door wreath every season! I got a new one this year. It's a yellow forsythia wreath. It's so bright and springy! Love Ya! Jenny

Anonymous said...

I love your site - you give such great ideas! You sound like such a great mom - in fact...you still are in addition to being a great grandma, I'm sure! Thanks for your friendship to our family!
-Rebekah Tastet

Christie Thomas said...

I love the idea of the spring notebook! Just between you & I, I love any excuse for a notebook and planning. I am going to use that starting tomorrow. Thanks for sharing your idea!