RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Monday, April 7, 2008

THOUGHTS...................HE CARES FOR YOU!!!!!

THOUGHTS.......HE CARES FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


This week I am staying with my sister and helping her care for our mom as she has had to go in a rehab home to help her to learn to do the simple tasks of life! She has weakened so much that this is very difficult for her each day and very painful.




I have visited rehab/nursing homes many a time visiting a shut in from our church. I always enjoyed visiting and encouraging each person. But this time it was abit of culture shock for me since it was my sweet mom. I know we all love our moms but it was as if I put the Queen of England in a rehab home! My mom has always been the worker; the caregiver; and the kindest to all she meets. But now she is working so hard in physical therapy; in sitting up in a hard ; uncomfortable wheelchair; eat meals and live life on a completely different schedule.


My sister and her family have been at her side for 2 weeks at the hospital so now I sit to encourage her and help her adapt at this new life and not being with my sister. My sister and her family still come and she brings us lunch or supper in a nice picnic basket! I call her aunt Bea and love it!!


My mom told my husband she just wished she was normal. He told her this was her "new normal". I thought this was very smart and now tell her this is your "new normal" and lets see what we have to do.


Each day she has a schedule. That's a very good thing. Each day she must meet with strangers and make them new friends and have a nice meal. Each day she has physical therapy and must work harder than ever at 88 to keep learning to be strong. Each day is a new beginning.


But in all of this" I know that He cares for her" and " He cares for you" As my sister and I were leaving my mom asked that her very very swollen legs would please not hurt so much. My sweet sister took my moms hand and we prayed for God to help her through this and this pain and kissed her goodnight.
Whenever you pass a rehab or nursing home, remember to love & care for those around you & who might not be "home".
*** HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY SWEETEST DAUGHTER. RUTHIE!!!!!*****

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know my dad has been going through a time like this with my grandma-his mom. It is so different to see someone who was once so strong and independent - to what they are now. God bless you for being there for her.
Love, Rebekah Tastet

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

Happy Birthday Ruthie! I'll be praying for you and your mother today.

Anonymous said...

Mothers are the best in the world
and I am sure your mother has done a lot for you throughout the years.

If the Lord cares for a small sparrow went its hurt. He cares for you and your mother too.

Love, Bethany