RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

THE HOME.........LEFTOVER BANANAS AND 15 LBS OF BLUEBERRIES


MY FRIEND LISA BOUGHT ME 15 LBS OF BLUEBERRIES
FOR WATCHING HER CHILDREN . WHAT A BLESSING!
MY DAUGHTER RUTHIE WENT WITH HER AND HER CHILDREN TO PICK THEM AT A NEARBY FARM.

FIRST I WASHED THE BLUEBERRIES

THEN I LET THEM SIT ON A DISHTOWEL TO DRY

THEN THEY WERE READY TO PACK FOR THE FREEZER AND ENJOY IN THE WINTER MONTHS TO COME.




I HAD SOME LEFTOVER BANANAS SO DECIDED TO MAKE
'THERES NO PLACE LIKE HOME' .....BANANA BREAD RECIPE

THESE SMALL LOAVES WERE PERFECT WITH A CUP OF COFFEE


This summer I am really trying to cut cost and see how I venture. Blessings of your garden; fruits and other things keep coming and coming.

How are you finding ways to save? I would love to know.


4 comments:

JeanMac said...

We def. use the car less. Also, make a couple vegetarian meals per week.

Abounding Treasures said...

Nancy,

Thanks for visiting my blog today :o)

That's what I've done in years past with blueberries too!

I hope you enjoyed your tea and banana bread ~ it looks scrumptious!

I haven't done anything special to save money this summer ~ I try to do that all year when I'm shopping :o)

Have you noticed how the price of flour has almost doubled?

When things that we use often are on sale, I try to buy a bit more than I actually need so I won't have to buy it later at the regular price and I guess that's something I've been doing for many years.

Dallas

Rebekah Tastet said...

Mmm! Sounds delicious especially with a cup of coffee!

Kelly said...

Oh such good ideas!!! I too ....using the car less, no dryer at all this summer, have hung the clothes out everytime, and have been harvesting from my garden as much as possible. And things like when the bananas are too soft I will use it for banana bread, ( yes there was a time those would be *tossed* )GASP!!! I know, live and learn I say....and boy am I learnin'!
blessings~
Kelly