
THOUGHTS................PERSEVERANCE
This past Sunday our Sunday School teacher taught on perseverance. It was a good lesson and how to keep going that extra mile for ourselves and for others.
Later, I remembered how on Saturday evening my husband and I watched a PBS program on a man who went to explore the lives of Native Tribes in a far country. These men would climb to the highest ice covered mountains to obtain a chunk of ice to bring back to their homes to bless the year to come. The explorer decided to train and go on one of these "climbs". As he began to climb he was so out of breath because of very high altitudes. He didn't wear special "cleats" ( my husband explained) as other hikers do because these men didn't. He would slip; slide and became exhausted in their hike. It was unusual to see a professional so weary. He even told how he wanted to quit!! But......he said if I can just take the next step.......... and so he did again and again until he was at the top. All for a piece of ice!!
I know of the many times in my life I have wanted to quit. I didn't want or felt I couldn't take the next step. I knew I must persevere for God, my family or myself.
Just this morning I decided I needed to get back to my walking exercise. I had justified not walking by all the other work summer brings such as gardening; cleaning and ridding out; and just the heat of the day. ha But I knew my muscles needed to even though I know they really hurt! As I spoke to my 88 year old mother yesterday on the phone she told me how she had to walk around the small table on the back porch and how it hurt and was exhausting. I just told her "Mom your doing a good job" Keep it up! For I know if she doesn't if means she will be indebted to her wheelchair.
What is your "need" in life in which you need to persevere? I cant do it myself. I ask God to help and show me the way to take that next step......
7 comments:
Great post! I also need to get back to my walking -- I seem to fall out of the routine in the summer too...When you get a chance, can you please email me at harmonyhillmusic@hotmail.com -- I don't have your email address and I wanted to let you know about some special events coming up. Thanks!
Love, Trish
good post, Nancy. For me, exercise and taking care of Wayne.
Many things! I want to persevere in my walk with the Lord. I enjoy my mornings with Him! If I were to stop or falter, it would be easy to not start again! So I persevere! Thank you for your blog!
Joseph & I are moving to NC in a week. I need lots of perseverance to get my house packed. Usually I'd rather go out to eat or take a nap. -Marcy
Mrs. Marcy,
What a great thing you and Joseph are doing moving on to this great adventure with baby in tow!! Blessings and blessings will come your way. I will miss seeing you as much when you come here but so happy for you both! Praying for you!
love, Mrs. M.
Mrs. Musser, I have been trying to keep up with the updates on the Fourness family. I know that she passed away at 3:15am. Is David still alive? Could you e-mail me what you know? Thanks!
ertastet@yahoo.com
Nancy,
Thanks for all your nice comments on my blog. They sure encourage me and help me take the next step on our journey toward my husband getting better. If I look too far in the future it scares me.
Post a Comment