RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

EASTER 'S ON IT' S WAY............

THIS WEEK WILL BE FILLED WITH BAKING
AND COLORING EGGS; GETTING READY
FOR SUNDAY SERVICES AND SUNDAY
DINNER............
I MADE AN APPLE /PEACH CRISP TOPPED
WITH WHIPPED TOPPING.............
I SLICED UP SOME APPLES AHEAD OF
TIME AND ADDED THE SUGAR....
I ENJOY MY "SUSAN BRANCH" CALENDER
FOR THIS MONTH WITH LITTLE BUNNY
GETTING THINGS READY.........


I hope you are getting ready for Easter at your house. We had Snow to fill our lawns...
I remember as a little girl watching my mom. She would boil and color the eggs; Dad would give her the money to go purchase my sister and I new white gloves and a hat and an Easter dress. She would put on her clean apron and get to work making the house
clean and neat; she would make a list of items (with a pencil) for the grocery for Easter dinner; and put on the lace tablecloth and her blue and white dishes and make the table oh so pretty.

A dinner that included a nice spiral ham; homemade potato salad; baked beans; a veggie tray; a glass dish with pickles and olives; deviled eggs ; fresh warm rolls; and a homemade dessert.

We would have an Easter Egg hunt out on the lawn and fill our baskets with these real eggs some chocolates; and plastic eggs. We would then all enjoy the family getting together ; laughing; sharing stories and all the ladies in the kitchen cooking and washing up dishes and chatting together.

Now that I am older my days are filled with my family. This year some have moved farther away; some are visiting their husbands side of the family; so..... it may be smaller but I still bake( give to others); decorate; and plan a nice dinner for those that are here.

A GREAT BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY DAUGHTER RUTHIE!!!!

She is a wonderful daughter. Always caring for her family; others and a hard worker.
We love her and pray she has a wonderful day!!

Make a tradition with your own family. What do you do for Easter?

3 comments:

Amy Sue said...

I also have a set of blue and white china. It is actually an antique Old Staffordshire set of "English Village". I love blue and white! This year it is all wrapped up and stored in a storage unit in Crown Point. I really want to go find it, amidst all the other boxes...but I don't think it is possible!

Since my children are little, I usually only cook a ham, some "cheesy potatoes", green beans, rolls, and maybe a cold salad, and desert. They eat so little right now! I may add a dill tray this year and a cheese and cracker tray also. I love holidays!

I really enjoyed the picture of your bird today, what is it? I love birds, any kind...but that one is beautiful!

Have a wonderful Easter Mrs. Musser!

Nancy M. said...

I love that "set" your talking about.
Your menu sounds so delicious. I also
really enjoyed your article on your site. This bird is a Robin. I see them everyday and love them.
I really missed you speaking yesterday. I know it was wonderful-lv.mrs.m.

Rebekah Tastet said...

We used to get together at my Grandma's house with all the aunts, uncles and cousins. I have wonderful memories of the holiday...and yes, snow on Easter! Ha ha!