RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Thursday, April 2, 2009

SPRING CLEANING AND LIGHTER MEALS.....

It seems just right to be "Spring Cleaning"
I had a delicious meal of "Lime Chicken; brown
rice and yummy broccoli and cauliflower.........
The flavor was sooo good and abit spicy......


Spring is here!! Though they say as cold temperatures still prevail in our area.... But.......
the birds are singing in the trees and the ducks swimming along in the pond so it has to be here.

This means "Spring Cleaning" is at hand here. Weeks ago I took my "8 1/2 x 11 notebook and wrote down goals or plans for "Spring" and goals for places that needed my attention to clean and rid out.... Although..........the best made plans can quickly go aray in my household as things change quickly.........

What do you do when your "plans" change?? Oh I could fuss; gripe; complain; or adapt and work around it........

I may have a couple of hours ( as I did the other day) in the morning. Then I cleaned and organized my kitchen cabinets and pantry. This always gets straightened throughout the year but the other I do seasonally.

Another lady gave me the idea also to "simplify" by asking God what things I really needed around me and rid out by giving away or donating to a thrift store. Simple right?

I am also working on finding "healthier meals" to be put in a "recipe folder". When I went to my grocery the other day I found several blessings ; such as " green bell peppers and a special mild pepper" for .99; a whole bag of limes for .99; several packs of "Fiber One" yogurts for $1.25 each. I get so excited each week when I go to this particular market to see what the Lord will surprise me with in bargains.......

Then........I take the items given and use them in a meal. This week was " Garlic Lime Chicken With Olives". It was so delicious . I also made "Picadillo" stuffed in green peppers. My husband loved them. I used the ground "Purdue Turkey" I had gotten for .99 two week before. Grocery buying and meal planning can be fun if you make it a challenge to yourself.

If you know of any "delicious healthy meals" please let me know. I am trying to fill my "recipe folder" as soon as possible.

Have a wonderful "Spring day"......

1 comment:

Susan B said...

I am doing Spring cleaning in my kitchen too right now. I like what you said about asking God to help you simplify by asking what to keep around you. I hope to complete the kitchen tomorrow.