I PURCHASED THE MOST WONDERFUL STRAWBERRIES FROM "SAM'S CLUB"
THEY WERE HUGE AND MADE A BOWL
FULL.
I ALWAYS SLICE THEM UP AND SPRINKLESUGAR ON TOP ( NOW I USE SPLENDA)
I THEN TAKE A FORK ( A POTATO MASHER WORKS
BEST) AND PRESS THEM DOWN TO MAKE
A NICE SWEET JUICE FOR LATER...
OUR GRANDDAUGHTER ENJOYED TASTINGSOME STRAWBERRIES WHILE GRANDMA
WAS GETTING THEM READY FOR THE PARTY.
RUTH'S BIRTHDAY DESSERT. STRAWBERRYSHORTCAKE. WE SERVED IT ON ANGEL FOOD
CAKE TOPPED OF COURSE WITH WHIPPED CREAM.
Yesterday was my daughter Ruths birthday. We had her favorite dinner. Taco Bell. I went ahead and decorated the table in lime greens with pink paper plates and pink napkins. I then set some small lime green tea lights out for atmosphere. I then took my glass cake stand and put the ( store bought) angel food cake on top of it . When it was time to serve the dessert I used my pretty floral rose glass plates for a pretty dessert. Why do we go to all that trouble for take out and a birthday??? Because I want everyone to feel "special" on their special day whether its a pizza and pop or a nice homemade dinner.
A godly lady taught me many years ago to give God your best. He gives me His best everyday. As I see that beautiful sun rise up above the clouds each and every morning I cant help to say thank you for His best. I see His best in the buds on my trees as they begin to burst forth with a sparkling pink flower. I see His best in the eyes of a little child as they take each breath; and in their own words sing a sweet little song as they twirl around the room. I see His best in the courage of hearts of many a person as they face battles of cancer; loneliness; heartache or pain.
I dont always succeed at giving my best. But.......if ( with Gods strength) I can give to each task at hand I am overjoyed.
Have a great day ahead........
3 comments:
Mrs. Musser!!!!
It is nice to hear from you!!!! I was actually thinking of you about a week ago....wondering how you were doing. I am about to walk out the door right now, so I can't peruse your blog as I would like....but I will soon! I'll put it in my favorites and then I'll check it often! Your recipes look especially good! Blogging is such a wonderful way to stay in touch with everyone. We love it.
I'm so glad to know you are happy, still in love, and have a sweet grandbaby. You have always been a blessing to me. Stay in touch!!!! :)
Love,
Rachel
A lovely post! Strawberry shortcake is my most favorite dessert! I can't wait to have the first one of the season. Have a blessed Easter. God bless.
Happy Birthday Ruthie! Sounds like a great birthday meal to me!:) I used to pick tacos every year for my birthday meal. And I was just thinking of strawberry shortcake! Mmm!
Post a Comment