RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Saturday, June 6, 2009

ICE CREAM ...ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS NOW LOW-FAT

ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS IN THE SUMMERTIME
TO ENJOY IS ICE-CREAM.......AFTER ALL WHO WOULDNT
THINK AFTER A WONDERFUL BASEBALL GAME
THAT EVERYONE MIGHT ENJOY A NICE ICE-CREAM
CONE............
BUT SINCE LIFE CHANGES AND NOW THAT MY HUSBAND
AND I ARE TRYING TO EAT "HEART HEALTHY"....
SOMEHOW "FRUIT IN A CUP" DOESNT SEEM THE SAME.
ONE OF MY FAVORITE NEW THINGS....IS SLOW CHURNED
ICE CREAM......MY HUSBAND ALWAYS SEEM TO FIND
ME NEW FLAVORS IN LOWER FAT....THIS ONE HAS
CHUNKS OF CHOCOLATE BITS IN EACH BITE AND IS
CREAMY AND GOOD.... I MEASURE OUT 1/2 CUP FOR
A TREAT AND SOMETIMES ADD "LIGHT" READY WHIP
AND A COUPLE OF CHERRIES.....WHAT A TREAT!!
SUMMERTIME IS TIME TO ENJOY SPECIAL TREATS!


I have been trying to incorporate healthier meals into our lives this year. I have been trying to study and read books and cookbooks that may help along that way. My daughter bought me a nice cookbook and another daughter ordered another cookbook that I am gathering recipes from. But........for me it all has to be simple and taste like a home cooked meal!!

My mother was a wonderful cook. I said she was like "Aunt Bea" from Mayberry as she would set out a beautiful table with her blue and white dishes and delicious home cooked food.
But........life changes and my now "recovered heart patient husband and my lifestyle needed a
healthier change..... I love going to a ballgame and thinking ; hot dogs; popcorn; ice cream ect....... but this cannot be everynight! Sooo I have changed what I could and tried to keep the tradition of memories.

We might eat a small amount of popcorn at the games; get low fat ice cream; purchase turkey
dogs and whole wheat buns! Little by little I am trying to help our "hearts" as they help us!


This summer enjoy the memories ; traditions but if you are like me with a little added health!

2 comments:

Paula said...

We've been trying to eat better at our house, too. It's challenging. :)

Rebekah Tastet said...

My daughter asked me what I was eating and I said a peach. She said yea, it's fruit and it's a healthy snack! LOL!