RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Thursday, June 4, 2009

MINI VACATIONS FOR FREE........

I LOVE WHAT I CALL "MINI VACATIONS"...... WHETHER IT BE A PICNIC IN A PARK SIPPING ICE CREAM SODAS..........
OR......ENJOYING A LONG WALK WITH YOUR FAMILY WHILE ENJOYING
GODS BEAUTY.....

MAYBE JUST SITTING ON YOUR FRONT PORCH QUIETLY LISTENING TO THE BIRDS.........
IF I GET A CHANCE; I ENJOY STROLLING THROUGH ANTIQUE SHOPS...........
I ENJOY COLLECTING "OLD BOOKS" AND CAN MANY TIMES FIND THEM FOR A $1 OR $2.......
EVEN WORKING IN MY GARDEN IS FUN AND REWARDING WORK THAT IS A TIME ALONE WITH ALL THAT GOD HAS MADE.......


This time of year so many are planning or leaving for vacations........I am so glad that for
many years I have enjoyed "mini vacations" that cost very little or even may be FREE..

A trip to your local library can bring many books to enjoy for hours; a walk in a nearby park and or a picnic can bring special memories; ballgames to enjoy; a nearby city to visit; time on your porch with a good book or nice music and some candlelight equals and sweet time; family game night with popcorn; Grilling out with your family or friends; putt putt; golf; bowling; symphony under the stars are offered in many cities; fishing; gardening and others...

There were many things my children would do in the summer such as : make a library in the garage; make a lemonade stand; go to the library; have a book reading contest; belong to a summer program at our church such as baseball or other summer fun programs; summer camps; working in the garden;the County Fair and many other daily things.

You dont have to spend tons of money to have "fun" with your family this summer. Be creative and make this the best summer ever!

2 comments:

Rebekah Tastet said...

My daughters and Papa Tastet camped in the tent in our backyard! A mini-vacation! I enjoyed taking the dog on a walk in the country this morning.

Paula said...

Hi,
I just wanted to drop a little note by to let you know that I am enjoying your thoughts shared, your beautiful pictures, and the peace contained within the walls of your little home-on-the-www.

I thank you for taking the time and sharing.

Shalom, Paula