RENEWEL EVERYDAY....

Thursday, March 11, 2010

'FLUFFING AROUND THE HOUSE"...GUEST ARE COMING.......

Next week we have a couple of "guest' coming to stay during a huge "conference" held at our church for 4 days.......... So.........I have been gathering their bedding; blankets; toiletries; and making sure their rooms are clean and neat...........
We have been doing this ever since our children were young. I dont think it hurt them at all and I think they learned to care and welcome others.......
I try and keep things simple for we have 6 family members that abide here in this home and I also want my own family ( and my hubby) to feel comfy and well care for.........


Here are a few ideas I have learned from others to welcome guest............

. Keep it simple. Dont overwork yourself and have a rotten spirit with your family all in the name of company.....

. Gather clean; fresh linens. Bring in blankets. Keep extra pillows on hand for guest.

. Have clean towels and washcloths or scrubbies folded and either lie on the end of a bed; dresser; or on the counter in your bathroom.

. Keep extra "bath soap" or bath gel on hand for them to use ; then toss when they leave.

. Keep Lysol wipes on counter in bathroom for their use and yours. "You dont want to spread germs and neither do they" :)..........

. In the guestroom; keep a small basket filled with Tissues; mints; pens or pencils; a small memo
pad; cough drops; or any other small item you may wish.........

. ** My daughter-in-law made a beautiful basket for my husband and I and great grandma in her room . This basket was filled to the brim with tasty chocolates and many other goodies and wrapped with a bow. BEAUTIFUL! I felt very loved and very spoiled!!

. Quick muffins for breakfast and some coffee or cookies to nibble on at night are kind but DO NOT try and overtire yourself. Some years I have made them homemade other times Sams Club made beautiful muffins! This year I have "precut" cookies ready to throw in the oven and bake ** remember the blessing this last Winter when they were marked down to
$.99 a piece. I have chocolate chip and peanut butter.......

. Give them time to be alone and rest if they are there for a conference. Of course if they are
there to "chat" and be apart of your family just allow them to be apart of what you normally do.


Maybe you have some ideas when you have guests. I would love to hear them.......

2 comments:

HOPE said...

How much alike we are Nancy!!

I too do this for my guest. I always leave a little "gift" also. My guest are always so surprised and I love it that way...making people feel special is such a blessing.

I love the room you have here in the pic ...is this your own home photo?

How often in travels we do forget some little thing..and how nice to find the hostess thought of it for us!

I'd love to hear about your Missionary Ladies Circle you mention on your profile.

Blessings to you..and thank you so very much for stopping by and leaving me such a thoughtful comment.

HOPE

Rebekah Tastet said...

I always get my mom or sister a bouquet of flowers and put them in a vase in their room. Things that they can carry in their purse to the conference is nice. Maybe those small water bottles - they are handy to carry and then refill. :)