
Yesterday my husband called me in the afternoon and said " Honey lets take our gift card from Cracker Barrel ( thanks Josh and Jenny) and go out on a date!!! Wow I thought that was a great idea ( even though I had something in the crockpot and it could wait until later!) and out we went......
I love Cracker Barrel and its hometown food and atmosphere. It was filled with goodies for Spring and Easter..........My husband and I were seated and noticed it was pretty empty around us....Good we liked that!
My husband prefers to know what we want to order as soon as possible so we can place our order right away. Great idea! So......we placed our order with our two iced teas.......
We talked and waited and I enjoyed that. More and more people began to float in and be seated and waited on. Again we waited and my husband politely asked another waitress if we would be ready yet. No ...she was on a to go order they replied. So we waited again.......
Our order came and we were ready to eat by 7:00 pm.....for sure.
As we began to eat my husband noticed I had never received my salad. I told him that was ok but he thought I would prefer something so I ordered fried okra . We dove in and ate and ate.
The manager was kind enough to stop by ( he must of heard) and told us sorry about the mix up and we could have a desert! My hubby said that would be fine ( it would be for me knowing he is a diabetic)..........He then noticed I hadnt recieved something else but we let it go and as our waitress came again we asked that we not be charged for this item. She was ok but flustered
and took my "free" chocolate coke a cola cake" order................
Again........we waited and waited.....( I had to admit I wanted to go and see myself what was
the hold up on a cake) but I didnt want to make this "date" time a sour time!......
Finally, the waitress came again and said " Ok have you decided on a desert?" My husband and I just looked at each other and said " we already ordered it!"......" Oh my she was so flustered and began to tell us how this was her first day etc..................
My husband told her it was ok and that we would take the cake to go........We then left to pay the bill. After my hubby and I looked around the "shop" and bought a cute little "Easter purse" for sweetest girl...........he checked out. He happened to get the manager. He didnt say anything but the manager noticed our cake to go. He then offered us another cobbler to go. But.......
the sweetest thing I noticed was my husband left a good tip for this waitress.
The moral of the date......or story is everyone makes mistakes. He took the good of her heart and time she gave to us and gave what she deserved........
There are people that I have meant that do not always deserve a kind word; their actions their words ; or their attitude may be one of discourse but its MY attitude towards them that counts and makes or breaks my day.......
PS......I ate every bit of the delicious chocolate chocolate cake!!! So good!
4 comments:
Good lesson! Any date at Cracker Barrel would be awesome since we don't have one!! :)
It is just WRONG that a missionary in Japan has to read about your date at CRACKER BARRELL!!!!!
Having the right perspective can sometimes make all the difference! I'm glad you were still able to enjoy your date.
I just saw your spring decor pictures; so cute! :)
Hi Nancy..coming over from Kelly Anne's...
I agree %100 so many times people do not let a NEWBY learn..and with patience...they remember you. I remember my very first job at an eatery...I fumbled too..and a kind gentleman brought it all to ease by a smile, patience and a kind word. I never forgot him.
Glad you enjoyed your date and it's meaning.
And poor Kelly Anne...this is tough to hear so far from CB!
Blessings..
HOPE
Post a Comment